E signal help

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by TraDaToR, May 27, 2019.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Hello,

I am a new esignal user with a few technical questions about the software.

- First of all, is it possible when you are displaying multiple instruments on the same chart to "lock" the same scale for every instrument? It seems like it autoscales by default and even if I put a fixed scale on the chart properties, the scale is fixed for each instrument if you go back in the datas, but still different from one instrument to the other...

- Is there a way to display multiple instruments of different year expiries with a seasonal view? i.e. displaying for example CC Z2017 and CC Z2018 with the corresponding months of different years.

Thanks a lot for your help,

2. maxinger

maxinger

on the chart Y axis bar, click on it. Left click on the mouse and hold it. Then move the mouse up or down just a little. This will stop the autoscaling, ie you are now on manual scaling.

You can even have charts which are autoscaling, and charts which are not autoscaling on the same monitor.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  3. maxinger

maxinger

- Is there a way to display multiple instruments of different year expiries with a seasonal view? i.e. displaying for example CC Z2017 and CC Z2018 with the corresponding months of different years.

yes you can. you can display different expiries, different instruments ...
    & you can create multiple charts on a computer screen, or create charts which are mathematically derived ( basically for spreader),
    DETACH chart to another monitor screen etc etc

There are simply many possibilities especially when you have many monitors,
    and you are trading multiple instruments/seasons/strategies ....

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Thanks Maxinger for your help. It works. That was my main issue.:thumbsup:

5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Following up on this, I am not sure it is possible to displace time series to put on a seasonal chart... Meaning for ZC symbol of Dec expiry, I would like to have ZCZ19, ZCZ18,(...), ZCZ89 on a single year chart with corresponding dates to compare/find seasonal patterns.

Otherwise, I found the "seasonal study" in the customer portal, but for some reason, I couldn't find the add-on. Has anyone used it? Is it part of a specific studies package?

Thanks,

6. maxinger

maxinger

Page (29)_19-06-13_08-39-54.png

I plotted ZC Z19, ZC Z2018, ZC Z2017 and also spread expression ZC Z2016-ZC Z2019.

I think the spread expression is very useful.

Is this what you are looking for?

7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Thanks a lot Maxinger,

No. In your example, I would like ZCZ19, ZCZ18 and ZCZ17 in the same chart with the corresponding dates( ex May 1st would be May1st 19 for ZCZ19, May 1st 2018 for ZCZ18 and May1st 2017 for ZCZ17 ). It's something available in DTN Prophet X for example. I have never seen it a esignal seasonal chart but I was thinking there was perhaps a way to work around it by changing the dates axis.