E-signal fails again

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by milnarf, Sep 17, 2008.

1. milnarf

milnarf

They have been showing prices lagging all as long as 20 seconds.
    Customer service does not know the problem or reason. They just can not keep with fast data. There marketing is a scam because they do not deliver market prices on time. They also never issue an apology or custy refunds on days when they miss it.

2. I dont get it. This type of thing has been going on for a long time. Why did you expect this to change? Same thing with TS ( yes, I have used both ) in fast markets there data sucks. Of course, there is always a new and better improved version coming out. But when that comes out, guess what?? same old shit. If you search here on ET, I'm sure there are many post going back 2,3,4 years with the exact same thing you are stating here. It's not going to change.

For the prices I was paying for this data, I finally had enough and left. I currently use OEC and not only is their data free, but hasnt been behind once in all this volatility. I suggest you drop esignal and find someone more dependable such as OEC.

3. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

It's not eSignal who failed it's you who failed to understand that they cannot keep up the update rate due to their inherent data distribution bottle neck. It is normal to them to have a lag in the fast markets.

4. Try DTN's "IQ-Feed".

I had absolutely zero problems keeping up today, as well as yesterday.

I have their Level-1 equity quotes fed through Quotetracker for all of my charting and portfolio pages.

Only costs me $45 per month + the $4 exchange fees for NYSE, AMEX, and NASDAQ for a total of $57.

I also get their E-Mini NYMEX quotes too, for an additional exchange fee of $30 per month.

Runs like water.
    :)