e-signal dj euro stoxx 50 cash index symbol?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by RedDuke, May 30, 2006.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Does anyone know what is e-signal symbol for dj euro stoxx 50 cash index. The current futures symbol is ET M6-DT. I could not find it on their look up.

Thanks,
    redduke

2. Ask esignal about it.

Thay have a nice helpdesk.

3. RedDuke

RedDuke

I did. They still researching, and I am not sure when I will get the answer. I figured, I'll ask here since it is a commonly traded instrument.

4. cmaxb

cmaxb

Maybe $SX5E-STX?

5. RedDuke

RedDuke

Thanks. I tried $SX5E-STX (also found it on e-signal central). It does not display anything for intra day.

6. cmaxb

cmaxb

I think you need Eurostoxx entitlement.

7. Why don't you use the symbol search feature. It was one of the few things that actually worked during my 5 year tenure at Esignal. It's all in the help menu.

8. RedDuke

RedDuke

I did try it. There is no symbol for cash index there. Like I said, I also called them, and they could not find it themselves. I was told they will get back to me.

9. Chriz

Chriz

$SX5E-STX is the right symbol but if you need intraday data you have to subscribe the stoxx index data which is 8 bux per month.

10. RedDuke

RedDuke

Chriz,

Thanks a lot. That did the trick. It did not occur to me that I needed additional feed. I did not have this issue with DAX.

Do you know what is the difference between dj euro stoxx 50 and dj stoxx 50 futures? I tried looking it up in eurex website, but there is not much info there.

Thanks,
    Alex

#10     May 30, 2006