e-miNY crude oil and gas futures changes

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by OfmY, Nov 13, 2005.

1. tomcole

tomcole

Ninja Trader supports ClearPort as well.

#31     Nov 22, 2005
  2. brownsfan- ICE is europe's largest energy exchange......The Brent contract is essentially the same thing as the Nymex's WTI e-mini.......as in it mimics its movement. It is the benchmark contract for europe (north sea oil that has a slightly higher sulpher content-thereby more difficult to refine) and trades good volume during US trading hours. It is just as easy to execute because it is very liquid. In fact , it is ICE's most liquid contract. It is also financially settled. Expiry is mid-month. The nymex emini is fairly illiquid......today ICE traded almost 50,000 while the Clearport traded barely over 10,000.....their technology is crap so far, so i think the Brent contract is the best current electronic contract available and should be for some time. No offense, but it must be tough being a browns fan this year.....the bengals are even beating them.

-bateman

#32     Nov 22, 2005
  3. bateman - thank you for that info, very useful.

Yeah, rough year for the Browns... But, as we are very good at saying in Cleveland - there's always next year.

#33     Nov 22, 2005
  4. t2tanker

t2tanker

Patbateman - funny how the NYMEX miNY trades more crude electronically than the WTI contract on ICE - approx 50,000 per day vs 1,000 per day. ICE trades more Brent via broker give-ups than what is traded on the screen. The only contract they trade electronically is bi-lateral natgas. Their technology stinks - i have traded it and it crashes regularly. Buyer beware.

#34     Nov 23, 2005
  5. In my experience, the IPE webICE platform has been unstable the past 3 months. Funny thing is that I used to rely on CME QM to hedge when IPE crashed and e-Brent trading was halted. Since the migration to NYMEX, it looks like IPE is now a more reliable exchange. Needless to say, I out until NYMEX gets their act together... I wonder how many other electronic traders are in the same boat?

#35     Nov 23, 2005
  6. Quite a few of us I would say. Take a look at QN which I also trade - very thin volume compared to a week ago.

It will probably pick up over the next week or two as things settle down. Still NYMEX once again demonstrate their ludite tendencies.

#36     Nov 23, 2005
  7. I'd agree with you guys - we aren't trading the QM at all here. Until the volume comes back (but, if we're all waiting, how can it???) and things operate smoothly, we aren't touching it. I've got my DOM open daily and watch the movement, but right now it's kind of spotty with low volume.

This has turned into a pretty good thread for QM traders!

#37     Nov 23, 2005
  8. tomcole

tomcole

I kind of like the QM like this - no noise traders!

#38     Nov 23, 2005
  9. Surdo

Surdo

Exactly, there is just enough liquidity in QM.
    It will trade exactly with the pit , as it did pre Clearport, with a few less scalpee s_bags!

#39     Nov 23, 2005
  10. What just happened in QNF6 mini is exactly why I'm not trading it right now - the pit HOD as of 12:15 EST is 12.100 whereas the mini spiked to 12.185 - that's a $425/mini overshoot...I'll bet some stops got smoked...

#40     Nov 23, 2005