e-miNY crude oil and gas futures changes

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by OfmY, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Does anybody know of any PatSystems brokers that have the Clearport contracts?

#11     Nov 21, 2005
  2. RCG Does

#12     Nov 21, 2005
  3. Alaron does have access to the QM right now. I think they are on Pats.

#13     Nov 21, 2005
  4. IB traders' absence explains why the CL weather pop didn't sell off much.

#14     Nov 21, 2005
  5. Surdo

Surdo

Wow, I never knew IB trader's controlled the price of Crude in the Pits.

I must be out of the loop!

#15     Nov 21, 2005
  6. Thanks, I see the contracts are showing up on my system now (introducing broker to RCG).

Big drop-off in volume though. Might have to watch these for awhile before jumping back in.

#16     Nov 21, 2005
  7. Seth clearly doesn't watch NYMEX volume or open interest: try subscribing to a real time news feed. Since the hurricanes struck, funds have mostly been out of CL: see the low volumes given the open interest. Also, Emini often does 1/3 CL's volume in the first hour: since Emini volume is about 4X the OI, daytraders have had a greatly disproportionate amount of influence on CL price over the last two months. Before making another facile reply, consider also that the emini trades only the front month: since CL front month volume is less than half total CL volume, clearly emini volume is a huge component in front month pricing; also, the CL front month makes prices for the entire CL complex; this, along with the recent low hegde fund participation, makes the case that daytraders have had a hugely disproportionate influence on CL pricing.

#17     Nov 21, 2005
  8. the facts speak for themselves however

perhaps I will contact someone who trades on the NYMEX floor to ask them their opinion
    of how long until QM ( or any screen based energy
    product ) will influence the way they trade energy
    or if energytraderus is right that QM has since early sept. had more of an influence on CL pricing
    during regular trading hours

www.nymex.com

CL JAN 2006 NYMEX friday 11/18/05
    open outcry volume 111,722
    ( full size crude oil contract )

QM Jan screen friday 11/18/05
    volume 33,261
    ( for 1/2 size crude oil contract )

#18     Nov 21, 2005
  9. I'm just wondering how long it will be till the QM is trading normal again - today has been interesting to watch. And that's just it - watch.

Now that oil is closed, it's 2:40pm EST, my QM DOM is showing all zero's... I've never seen this before, perhaps on ClearPort they numbers show zero till it's back online?

#19     Nov 21, 2005
  10. tomcole

tomcole

Switched to trade OIH today. If a product is a hassle to trade, why bother?

#20     Nov 21, 2005