e-minis premarket?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by alanack, Apr 8, 2003.

1. alanack

alanack

I've only been watching the e's for a little over two months, but it seems like some of the strongest trending takes place early in the morning, from 8:00 or so until 9:30 or 10:00 EST. Any experienced traders find this to be true, and focus on trading this time period? Also, if it is true, what is the reason(s) for it? Thanks.

Alan

2. Pabst

Pabst

Open outcry trading in Treasury futures begins at 8:20 EDT. Also many important economic releases are at 8:30 EDT.

3. Yeah, and on days like today (4-8) there was more action overnight than during RTH :mad:

4. Ebo

Ebo

With the current situation in Iraq, almost all of the action on E Minis has been in the middle of the night. Last night you had a chance to either get long or short and make 15 points on either side. I was thinking of setting my alerts on TradeStation to ring if futures move 10 handles. I am not a big believer in automated execution. Anybody else trading overnight ?

5. JT47319

JT47319

I'm curious, but I've seen quite a few predictive analyses of support, resistance, and pivot based on the daily action of the futures, but without taking into account the nightly action just the "open" and "close". Now I'll grant you the after-hours market isn't as fast and furious as the day-time action, but it seems erroneous to base tomorrow's price action without taking into consideration what happens at night. For example, these past few nights have seen huge price swings. In fact, some of my biggest gains have been before the regular market open.

Any thoughts?

6. Pabst

Pabst

The early bird catches the worm?:confused: