E-mini (YM) Journal to profitability

Discussion in 'Journals' started by wiesman02, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Wiesman,

Which futures broker are you using? Do you like them? How much do you pay in total all-in for a round turn in the YM? Is there anything that you particularly like or dislike about your brokerage firm? Anything that you wish they did better?

#21     Jun 12, 2008
  2. -$7.40 today.

was up $120 again, and blew it.

5 losing days / b/e days in a row. I'm getting disappointed.

this was my week:

-25, -9, 0, -244, -7

Too lazy to throw in a blotter. I dont care. You can take my word for it. Its all in the index futures chat log anyway.

Oh well. the more screen time I get in, the closer I am to success.

To the above poster, I use OpenEcry, and I like it a lot.

#22     Jun 13, 2008
  3. +$17 on 13 Rt's

Man, traded flawless up until 12:45, was up over $150.

Then when we had that pop, I fought it all the way up. Didn't realize it was b/c of oil until it was too late. gave up everything and then some.

Then shorted early at around 12317 hoping to ride the downtrend down, but closed flat @300. Then saw price pulling back and threw in a SL at 317 again, and of course it misses my fill by a tick and proceeds to sell off to the 270 region. Just my luck, lol. No worries though. If it weren't for that unexpected plunge in oil, all would have been great.

No blotter b/c I had to close my platform right at 4:00 b/c a family member wanted to use my computer.

#23     Jun 16, 2008
  4. -$12 on 11 RT's

Made $350 shorting from 12345, but that was in my long-term account, and held it down to 12275 before closing. Anything I do in my longer-term account, I dont count towards my scalping.

No real complaints today other than i was not expecting today to be a completely down day.

The poster Mup called it. He called for a sell-off ALL day. Damn Elliot Wave and delta crap must work pretty damn good, b/c he nailed it but i dont want to have to study it.

Back to myself though. I was dead set on this fu#ker reversing all day so I missed many good trades. Didn't take 2 perfect trades today after 3:30 b/c i dont allow myself to trade unless i see a clear powerful trend. Traded them on paper and would have been up about $150 or more today.

Not disappointed b/c i've lost more money than I've made trading after 3:30.

All in all, I'd like to say so far, I'm about b/e in the month of June. This is my goal ! We got half the month left, and I'm hoping to not blow it with any hugely down days.

#24     Jun 17, 2008
  5. +$30 on 13 Rt's

Wow. if u open up the attachment, you'll see how stupid I traded.

Need to start learning Elliot Wave Material. Will help me make better trades and be able to predict price better.

Only mistake today was not letting winners ride. All my winners I closed out too early, so I overcompensated later in the day. Stopped at 2:15est to paper trade.

Had a few great entries that I got nervous on. truthfully, i just didnt follow my exit rules on them. Nobodies fault but my own. Not really sure why i didnt follow them. Fear of loss most likely.

#25     Jun 18, 2008
  6. atonix

atonix

Why were you trading both ES and YM? Also, you'll spend a *ton* of time learning Elliot Wave before you would be able to trade profitably from it, imho.

#26     Jun 18, 2008
  7. don't plan to trade from it. Plan to learn it. I only made 1 ES play. It will happen from time to time. I just usually dont disclose it.

#27     Jun 18, 2008
  8. -$85 Today.

Lol. Today was just laughable. I showed my first 6 trades there in the attachment. First 6 trades = losers for -$325. Didn't lose mental focus so decided to continue trading. Normally i'd have a max drawdown there, but I was not frustrated. Market just threw a noob like me a curveball.

All 6 were during that choppy period in the morning. 4 out of the 6 were winners, but turned into losers due to hitting my stop so damn quickly. 1 trade was +$100 on 1 Ym contract before reversing for a loss of $15. And NO, my stops weren't too tight. And no, don't bother analyzing those trades. Market was out slapping stops. Shouldn't have traded that period, but I haven't seen that type of action in a while. Next time I will know to stay away.

Took the rest of the day to make that crap up. Brought it back to -$50 on the day before closing at -$85.

#28     Jun 19, 2008
  9. +$120

Been in a break even slump lately, thats why I haven't been posting. No sense posting my -$30's and +$20's all week long.

Started off -$100 and ended up $120. Quit around 2:00.

Feels good that things are starting to come together now.

Be prepared to see MANY MANY more positive P n L days from now on.

#29     Jun 26, 2008
  10. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

why? what have you changed about your trading that would indicate positive results? i'm a rooting for ya, but come on

#30     Jun 26, 2008