e-mini trading strategies

Discussion in 'Trading' started by traderkay, Dec 10, 2001.

1. I'm new to the game so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I would not try to scalp futures as I dont believe you can compete here, but on a little longer time frame, say 10 minutes to an hour or so I believe anyone has a shot who has a feel for the market. I have been trading QQQ for awhile before switching to NQ and I don't see any difference.

#41     Feb 3, 2002
  2. easyrider..

i just switched to the nq as well because of the significant difference in commissions and the more favorable tax treatment.. the nq has a slightly different feel to me.. and requires a little better timing.. but its not really different that trading the qqq on island..

-qwik

#42     Feb 3, 2002
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Qwik; Agreed. In fact to confuse you. I trade QQQ options since there are no NQ opts, so I watch QQQ as intimately as NQ. I get my NQ feel from QQQ. Yet I chart 100 cash instead of QQQ or NQ because it's less noisy. Only Yogi Berra could understand this post.

#43     Feb 3, 2002
  4. One difference of NQ trading versus QQQ is that if you had joined the bid or offer and get hit/taken out, it is very likely the the market will go against you in the next few secs. On QQQ you have more chances being hit by a retail guy on island (e.g.) than by a pit trader who may know the next move better than you.

#44     Feb 3, 2002
  5. Pabst - the CME website shows ND options traded on Globex. Each would be equivalent to 5 NQ options (if they were trading NQ options right now).

Another alternative are potentially MNX (mini-NDX) options instead of QQQ options.

#45     Feb 3, 2002
  6. The QQQ cash options are more fair and more liquid than any futures option accessible for retail traders.

#46     Feb 3, 2002