e-mini simulations

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Moderate, May 30, 2007.

1. I used open Ecry and since i was already aware that their limit order system was awful i only used market orders. My method is a little bit different, usually its only 1-3 trades a day for me at key zones. Looking to get 30+ points out of the on 10 points risk.

#31     Jun 7, 2007

2. Good luck with that . LOL

#32     Jun 7, 2007

3. Boy someone is setting him self up for disaster !!!
    This game is really tough. You can make some money here and there and have some streaks. . Of course I have only been at it 4 months .But over long term as I can see so far it is very difficult to remain profitable and make it your occupation.
    The guys who make a living at it for years on end are really extraordinarily talented. And have worked their tail off to get to that point. And have a decent size capital stake to go along with it.

The thing about starting off with a 5k or less acccount is the stops you take have to be tight. 2% on each trade risk for a 4k acount comes out to a 15 pt. stop on 1 contract. For 2 contract its 7 or so point.

So its really tough to weather the price fluctuations on YM and NOT get stopped out on a modest account size.

My goal is to eventually have a stake of 20k and with 2% risk on each trade with 2 contracts that will be 40pt. stops on each. Thats a nice wide stop to account for volatility.

But 2 contracts will be my max until I can get past 30k or so for a stake .

My motto: slow steady and easy !!!:cool:
    Its a marathon not a sprint

#33     Jun 7, 2007
  4. demo and real = not the same...serious stuff dude

#34     Jun 7, 2007