e-mini simulations

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Moderate, May 30, 2007.

1. Sims will always fill you on the ask to sell and the bid to buy...

CMON I KNOW YOU ARE NOT THAT MUCH OF A NEWBIE thinking you are making tons of cash by buying on the bid and selling at the ask. Sims dont route trades and show you the reality of getting filled for real.

What is scary is that you think day trading futures is easy.... I guarantee you, and few things are guaranteed in life, but you wil blow out a $5k account in a very short time if you trade for real.

take a break and realize what real trading is like and not flipping on a sim which automatically fills you at whatever price you ask for.

#11     Jun 1, 2007
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

ecry sim is just get you use to it platform butons, making order etc...use Ninja for sim trading instead, expect to make more in live trading than what you make with Ninja sim.

#12     Jun 1, 2007
  3. thanks nkhoi, i didnt know ninjatrader had a demo

#13     Jun 1, 2007
  4. Yes, exactly, a good front-end simulator is even harsher then reality. I'd recommend Buttontrader, which has a very good dynamic fill simulation, both for your 'booked' limit orders as for market buying. Very tough.

Ursa..

#14     Jun 1, 2007
  5. i need a datafeed for both eek

#15     Jun 1, 2007
  6. anyone know a futures broker that doesnt have a $5k minimum to open an account

e-mini direc tis $2.5 minimum

#16     Jun 1, 2007
  7. Call Alaron and tell them Jony send you. You should be fine.

#17     Jun 1, 2007
  8. what kind of simulated size are you using?

using predetermined stops/etc?

What happens when your buy for a quarter moves three points away from you before you bail?

That undoes 12 successful roundtrips.

#18     Jun 1, 2007
  9. from what broker :D

#19     Jun 1, 2007
  10. im not flipping for a quarter anymore, now im going for 3 or 4 ticks

#20     Jun 1, 2007