E-mini S&P Trade Bands

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by tnc$ddc, Feb 18, 2006.

1. tnc$ddc

tnc$ddc

Believe me, I've known many jerks throughout my life, but I never once considered you to be one. On the contrary, you've been very gracious in taking the time to reply and offer help, as I've discovered many experienced traders are. They know just how difficult this business can be.

Thanks for your help.

#11     Feb 18, 2006
  2. ah.... those pro traders from Chicago and New York...are just rude :)

See ya out there...

Good Trading to you

#12     Feb 18, 2006
  3. tnc$ddc

tnc$ddc

Thanks dcraig.

I use Ensign charts daily, and they have a template called Universal that I watch throughout the day. This template is a derivative of Market Profile and is very helpful.

Thanks again.

#13     Feb 18, 2006
  4. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

I suggest you learn Market Profile, start by reading James Dalton's "Mind Over Markets" - not a psych. book, its all about Market Profile, and follow Bolter's MP journal on ET. In fact, I think you should read and re-read bolter's journal several times....it has exactly what you're looking for.

Learning MP will take a little while but is well worth it. MP will provide you with the daily levels you're looking for. It consistently works for me...and I'm brand new to day trading e-minis (former equity swing trader).

#14     Feb 18, 2006
  5. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

#15     Feb 18, 2006
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

you show me yours, i'll show you mine.

#16     Feb 18, 2006
  7. You ought to be arrested :)

#17     Feb 18, 2006
  8. tnc$ddc

tnc$ddc

xxxskier:

The Universal template uses price and volume, along with two Stochastics settings to help filter trades.

I use Ensign, along with e_signal, Neoticker and QuoteTracker charts daily. Ensign is my favorite. It is a robust charting platform and can be used with several different data feeds. You can produce charts in just about any configuration you desire. It can be purchased as an add-on to e-Signal for very little per month. Many subscribers post templates that are very useful.

The only thing I've found that I don't really like is that you cannot undock the charts and place them outside of the main window. I use 8 monitors and I've had to stretch their main window to encompass the ensign charts I use. Once you stretch the main window and size your charts, you can save the settings as a workspace and never need to readjust. This works OK for me, but I'd rather have the ability to move their charts outside of the main window.

Check them out. You may like them. Their customer support is great.

#18     Feb 18, 2006
  9. xxxskier

xxxskier Guest

tnc$ddc,

thanks for the reply, i didn't realize i could get ensign as an eSignal add-on.

geez.....looks like i may need to invest in more real estate, currently I use a desktop with a 3 monitor (3 x 19") array and a large laptop.

#19     Feb 19, 2006
  10. Lotus 7

Lotus 7

Volatility Bands....................

Kevin Hagerty has something he uses called volatility bands. This is a mathematical calculation using the implied volatility of the PUTs and Calls of the chosen market. there is three standard deviations 1.0, 1.5, and 2.0 these bands most always contain the market. Market reversals often happen at one of these standard deviations.

If this is what you are looking for I would encourage you to get the formula from Kevin Hagerty. You can then create your own spread sheet and have the VB. (This is what i have done)

He wrote an article about the VB many years ago. If you can find it I think this is what you are looing for.

Lotus 7

#20     Feb 19, 2006