E-Mini S&P: Hourly Chart question...

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by GCSICLRBC, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Hi,

I have a question for you fellas who TRADE AND FOLLOW the E-Mini S&P 500.

Okay, I use DTN for my streaming quotes / DOM, etc.

I remember that for ES, it would open on Sunday night at 5:00pm CT so every new bar (on the hourly chart) would start at the top of the hour.

5:00, 6:00, 7:00 etc...until the stock market closed on Monday afternoon.

Then the ES would reopen at 3:30 CT and every new bar would be 4:30, 5:30, 6:30 etc. Do you follow?

This would continue for the rest of the week.

RECENTLY HOWEVER, I've noticed that every bar is now at the top of the hour, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, etc...

Has anyone else noticed this discrepancy? If you have any serious feedback, please PM me or post here.

This is a serious question as I am trying to resolve this issue with DTN. Naturally, I wish to be assured I'm viewing the same charts as the rest of the trading public.

Thanks for any help, guys. Much obliged.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. I use ProphetX as well...I assume thats what you're using. I've noticed the same thing too, although I get EVERY bar starting/ending at the top of the hour. The only one I ever show to have a "30" start or end timestamp is the Friday afternoon close. Otherwise every other bar starts at the 0's. I haven't found it to be too big of an issue though on the e-mini. The support/resistance levels still show up the same. The only thing it has messed me up on is calculating the opening hour range, but I just flip over to an SP chart for that. (the pit traded contract).