E-mini Rookie Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by bronks, May 30, 2002.

1. andy4

andy4

Hi Bronks,

sorry to see you have to leave us for a while. I really do probably know what your going through. I'm just about ready to come off my working break (refund of account:) To start trading again.

I even had to leave Hawaii (Big island) to come back to work on the East coast :-( Thats alright I even found some surf here, God is sooooo Good :)

Even though I've not been daytrading I haven't been able to resist some swing trades of the QQQ's which to be fair over the last four months have given me some good cash. I also spent every evening down loading charts to test/check out a system I at least want to follow for a while. Which I know isn't totally realistic, but it keeps me in touch a little with whats going on. Not to mention checking Elite every night :) Really enjoyed you guys who have been willing to share your day, thanks.

Good luck guy, don't be a stranger

Andy

#431     Aug 23, 2002
  2. bronks

bronks

Easy-- I just need to clarify, I'm not stopping because I'm not willing to put in the grind. Believe me, I know how much time and effort is required to eventually become successful. At this point it's a means to an end... work to pay the bills AND build up enough cash to trade and continue learning. Of course the ideal thing would be to have 50k in a trading account and have enough in savings to last 6 months to a year with no income. If I waited for that to happen, my chances of trading would be very slim. It's an insult to me to be cast as one of those individuals that thinks everything should come easy and if it doesn't, I'll just quit. It's the complete opposite of my make up as I'm in this for the long haul. It's just a little stumbling block that I have to get over at this time.
    -----------------------------

My thanks to all of you for the support and PM's. Restores my faith in humanity that there really are people with compassion and empathy and humor, something sorely lagging in this world at times.

bronks

#432     Aug 23, 2002

3. Well said and very honest...However, with the number of obnoxious idiots inundating this board in recent weeks, you would figure that every guy who ever opened an account is making 500k per year...

It's akin to the expression that golf(or most other sports for that matter are 90% mental), but that is only after all of the mechanics are mastered...Think about how long it takes to simply read a chart, find pivots, understand momentum, etc, etc...Then about the amount of time it takes to even have the confidence to trade on that knowledge and so on and so on...

#433     Aug 24, 2002
  4. Publias

Publias Guest

Great post Vulture

#434     Aug 24, 2002
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

good quote.:)

#435     Aug 24, 2002
  6. Publias

Publias Guest

hey glad you like it Nkhoi... BTW; I see your charts all the time on talkstox MB and like them very much ! It is cool to go on there and see all the different approaches people take...

PEACE and good trading,
    Publias

#436     Aug 24, 2002