E Mini journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by NoviceTrader, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Will be sitting out untill 11:30 ish (MST). It will take something compelling for me to re-enter the market today. A strong reversal from 890 or a strong breakthrough would be enough to bring me back.

#21     Nov 13, 2002
  2. I've decided to Continue my Journal in private at home. I don't see any advantages to posting all this stuff here. I will continue to read many of your posts. However, I'm going to shut this baby down. I've had a lucky couple of days.

#22     Nov 13, 2002
  3. I had a couple of people ask me to continue this so I will.

Today so far Yuck!!! (-2) in at 898.25 @ 8:12 (MST) stopped out @ 896.25. It's turned into a nasty day for me. Not just because of the loss. I entered the trade for the correct reasons. Could have had a small profit (1) pt. Price is sitting on the 200 MA. Hopefully the afternoon provides a more clear direction. I was hoping for more upward momentum with the gap up. Of course, I wouldn't mind it falling apart either. A good day to monitor my fledgling scalping system. After the gap up a very narrow trading range. If only every day was like yesterday. :)

#23     Nov 14, 2002
  4. 10:40 (MST) L@900.5 out at 901.5 (1) Coaxed into this trade by higher then expected positive volume per period. Probably should have stayed away. Had what I felt was temporarily strong support at 900. Thought it was worth a try. Still looking for a Breakout or Reversal.

#24     Nov 14, 2002
  5. 2 trades (-1) point Not bad I'll take it. Pretty nasty day for what I'm trying to do. Got some nice work in on my infant scalping system. I don't like seeing days like this.

Daily Results (-1)
    Weekly Results (10.75)

Hopefully quality opportunites tomorrow.

#25     Nov 14, 2002
  6. Short 1 ES @898.75 8:09 (MST)
    Out @ 896.75 8:41 (MST) (2pts)

#26     Nov 15, 2002
  7. You mentioned using a simulator for several months. Which one was it?

I'm looking for a simulator that uses real-time data. I've used J-Trainer, which is awesome, but they only give you a two week trial.

Thanks.

#27     Nov 15, 2002
  8. I've made what I think are some very neat advances in my trading method. I'm going to spend the next few days testing these advances before risking capital. I seem to be getting a more accurate picture of whats happening.

#28     Nov 18, 2002