e-mini dangers

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by o_2_b_sean, Apr 9, 2002.

1. stevet

stevet

don

yep, absolutly, but its the definition of "under fair value" that makes for opportunity

but i do hope you were not infering that a big merchant bank might get a really big client order for stocks and then front run the order with their own futures postion, and then sell out their position when they had finished buying the clients order!

#21     Apr 10, 2002
  2. DblArrow

DblArrow

metoxx - easyrider - stevet

As a daytrader, (of the NQ) and one who responds to market movement; what do I, or should I care what leads what?

Don's answer seems to make sense trying to follow stocks, but I just cannot see a need to care in trading the NQ.

Do ya'll use this knowledge somehow in trading the NQ?

Thanks.

#22     Apr 10, 2002
  3. stevet

stevet

DblArrow

YES - knowing futures drive the cash - and watching the interaction of the two is key for me in trading futures

The same resulting signals would be real useful and give a real edge in trading stocks - but i have yet to try it - as i already use intra-market strategies - - but i will try stocks soon

#23     Apr 11, 2002
  4. Yes, now add the relationship between the S&P and Dow futures/cash and see what you have.

#24     Apr 11, 2002
  5. Steve...I assume you're being "tongue in cheek" here, because we all know that the firms do this with the justification that they will be "providing inventory." :)

#25     Apr 11, 2002