E-Mini chart

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Redart11, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Redart11

Redart11

This question is for the E-mini S&P traders.Which chart
    is best: One,three,or five minute?Momentum trading or scalping in particular.Thanks

2. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

I'd probably use 1min for entry/exit, 3 or 5min for trend longer term term for swing trading?? I don't trade futures but I watch emin nasdaq100's all day, I watch both the 1min and 3min at the same time, side by side.

3. tymjr

tymjr

I trade off the 5 and 1 min charts. The 1 min can be very noisy when the locals are in control. I may find an opportunity on the 5 and drop to the 1 to fine tune an entry and an exit. I don’t imagine there is a best TF to trade off of. If you’re new, you are more likely to be scalped than scalp. Be careful!

4. I personally trade off of 3M and 5M charts with various matrix indicators plugged into 2m, 3m, 4m, 5m, 6m, 8m, 10m and 13m charts. But I think TFs are totally contingent on the methods you are using and how tight you want to trade. I momentum trade when I can (trending markets) and scalp when I must (range-bound markets). The key is always to take (and to be able to take) what the market gives you ----- sometimes a great deal, sometimes very little.