E-mini 24hour charts on eSignal?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by samtrader, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Hi,
    I am considering switching data feeds to eSignal.
    Does anyone know if it's possible to chart the NQ/ES CME contracts from the 16:45 opening to the 16:15 close next day on one chart?

I plan on using Metastock Pro with the eSignal feed.

I looked on eSignal's site and they list separate symbols for the day's and night's e-mini sessions, but I couldn't find a symbol which is for the complete open to close session. I also emailed eSignal, but they replied as follows: "We can follow all of the CME exchange during the day or the night". I guess they didn't understand my question.

Thanks in advance.

2. Athos

Athos

I'm currently using e-signal. The daily chart does show the market from 16:45 opening to the close.

You can also set the interval of time you want shown on the chart for intraday data. For example if you want your five minute chart to start at 9:30 and end at 16:15, you can do that.

I'm not sure if it will work the same way with Metastock.

3. shyhh

shyhh

Hi Samtrader,

You can just use symbol NQ which will include all the 24 hr trading data. In you chart's propeties window, set the Open time to 0:00 and Close time to 24:00. You will need to have a 2 day intraday charts at least, so 4:45 will start somewhere in the middle of the 1st intradat chart and ends somewhere in the middle of the secord day chart.

I have tried other ways but it doesn't seem to work.

4. wild

wild

hi sam,

there are NO separate day/night symbols for the e-minis ... contrary to the currency futures like EC Z1 (RTH) / 6E Z1 (Globex) for instance

regards

wild

5. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

some data vendors do create separate symbols for day and after hours, and even a symbol with a combination (24h) of all sessions.
    the exchange do not, that's right. but your chart or quote system might.

tntneo

6. Anyone know if this is the same for RT3 and/or what the symbol is for the minis in Realtick? I have not tried to chart them before.