Dynamic Trendlines - YM

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by DTL Trader, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Here's what I'm keeping my eye on for tommorrow.

Watch the 11525 area. If we test it and fail then I suspect we may see a move down to the 11320 area in coming sessions. If we move above, then we may see 11600 tommorrow or better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Price moved down to the 11325 area (low of 312) and did not test the upper price line during the day session. I am looking for this area to hold and a possible move up to the 11560 ish area. If we move below the bottom value area and it holds, then we may see some more substantial downside.

The 144 chart shows demand around the 11220 area below with approximately the same upside target. I suspect the 11446 area will provide a bounce down first.

My bias is for a move up at this point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. It doesn't look like you have a method to draw those trendlines. There is no volume on your chart either, so how do you judge the merit of your trendlines or objectively identify the trend?

It's clear that the market's bias is down. Price is currently consolidating in a downtrend. There will be a breakout below before price heads back up, if at all.

4. Sounds like you are short to me.

5. A quick review of the monthly distribution shows that price has regained the bottom of the 2% deviation from the MLL. As we head into the end of the month, I would say the most likely scenario is to continue to build value between 11355 and 11646 (or) we move below this level and develop 11210 to

It looks like this distribution needs to balance upward to me but who knows.

[​IMG]