dynamic exit in excel

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Jgills, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Crispy

Crispy

]

No, I was not aware. Nevertheless if you know how these trade, I would be 15 sell stop on some calls...she goes 15x15.5...then next actual print is 14 on a downswing. Stops are pretty much useless based on last sale.

Do you think the same excel link to OEC be used to track the price locally and shoot an order when my stop price becomes the bid?

#11     Apr 25, 2012
  2. Definitely doable. However, you are aware that locally, there is no stoplimit. If last print is 15.50 and you are sell stop 15, if it goes quickly to 13, that's your fill price.
    Expect a lot of "slippage" like this. Whereas with Server or Exchange stops, you might be filled earlier like at 14 all depending on your position in the queue at that price level.
    Got it ?

#12     Apr 25, 2012
  3. Crispy

Crispy

Yeah , got it..best to just tick F it and watch closely instead. Oh well it was worth a shot at saving my eyeballs from extra screen time.

Thanks for all replies!

#13     Apr 25, 2012
  4. #14     Apr 25, 2012
  5. Crispy

Crispy

LOL...nice pic

No book though....I day trade ES options. Thats all I trade in fact. My stops are always mental, thus the entire exchange about simply automating a bid hitting function when it goes my stop price.

My eyes just need a rest...lol

#15     Apr 25, 2012
  6. How is this better than trading the futures ? Options tend to be less liquid and wider spreads, no ?

#16     Apr 27, 2012
  7. Crispy

Crispy

Not better, just slower paced. .50 delta ATM allows me wiggle room for certain setups.

Spreads are only 1/2 a buck typically to pay up, and usually can get them mid point or better as long as they are not trending too strong.

I will take the underlying sometimes, usually pre-mkt as the spreads are wider then.

#17     Apr 27, 2012