Dylan Ratigan thinks this is a suckers rally

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bonds, Apr 11, 2009.

1. bonds

bonds

Henry Blodget|Apr. 10, 2009, 10:49 AM

Blodget: Last question. You've been right in the middle of this meltdown day after day, interviewing the smartest people, etc. So is this a new bull market, or is this another suckers' rally?

Ratigan: Suckers' rally. No question. That's not an indictment of the judgement of the market. That's just my perception of the ability of the banks to function in a timely fashion, the ability to create meaningful amounts of jobs in the immediate future, and the as-yet unrecognized meaningful losses to come in commercial real-estate and other asset classes... We've gone through a transition where things were getting bad in a freefall, and now they're just getting slowly worse. So it's a transition from jumping out a plane without a parachute, and now, after a year of free-fall, we've pulled the parachute, which feels a hell of a lot better than the freefall... I think we're dealing with a problem that has a few years in it, not a few months.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I didn't realize Dylan Ratigan was a trader.

3. CET

CET

Let's see. You are quoting Dylan Ratigan, and I thought it could not get much worse than quoting Cramer. Well it just did. Delete this tread.

4. I think ET is full of gay traders that sexually Fantasize about Dylan Rattigan. The guy is so irrelevant yet he is constantly reffered to on posts. The guy is nothing. No one cares about CNBC or Rattigan.

5. I am a friend of a friend of a friend of mackies, and supposedly rattigan pulls just outrageous tail in nyc

6. bartiromo...

[​IMG]

7. yea that I don't get at all. my info could be bad in retrospect

8. Ratigan has a better resume than 99.9% of the posters here and his insight is probably more valid.

9. traders are soooo smart. who else could guess up or down? takes a genius

10. You've got to fill me in on what being a trader has to do with anything.

#10     Apr 11, 2009