DXO/DTO Traders out there?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by Silentmax, Jan 14, 2009.

1. ===============
    S2007;
    Agree with much of that.Personaly i hope the demand destruction continues for gasoline. I enjoy trying to figure out more demand destruction for gasoline , including but not limited to ''electric lawnmower'' LOL:D

However CNBC or charts are not really predictions, if that were true, we would all be billionares:cool:

As far as respecting the trend, sure it could go down 50%/+ more;
    and also respect its had 20days+ of higher lows, higher closes.
    =======================================

Also, that 's simply an assumption that the war on terror will go as smoothly as since 9-11-2001/$150 oil . Extraordinary assumption;
    epecially since merely pulling out of a country does not stop a terror war @ all. Never has, never will.

Also that is simply another assumption that hurricanes.................................................................................. will be as favorable in future years ,as the past years, which may or not be true at all.

:cool:

#31     Jan 28, 2009
  2. i am still having problems udnerstanding the risk in volatility. if in 30 days crude oil drops 50%, this goes to zero. what happens if crude rips up 50% in 30 days?

#32     Jan 29, 2009
  3. It would go down, but not to zero.

Oil went from 140 to 40... a 75% loss and it ain't zero.....

It is compounded daily. The following is the important part to remember.

*Oil would have to lose half in one day for DXO to go to zero.*

Otherwise, as days goes by, DXO takes smaller and smaller dollar cuts as the price shrinks, even though the % should be roughly 2x oil.

#33     Jan 29, 2009
  4. ==============================
    Thoughtful points.Several other observations DTO[double bear] buy & sell volume really slimmed down at these price levels.

In DxO [ double bull ], losing 50% in one day, whatever the probabilities of that;
    probably would not close @50% down/zero, due to super short profit covering [end of day.....] & some buyers jumping on the 50% level.
    Not a pediction:cool:

#34     Jan 29, 2009
  5. Perhaps i should have mentioned it earlier;

DTO is main trend [12 month chart];
    DXO is countertrend, [12 month chart]:cool:

#35     Jan 30, 2009
  6. Why the hell is DXO down 8% today?? Crude is down 53 cents and USO is off less than 1%.

I can't find much on the "Deutsche Bank Liquid Commodity index - Optimum Yield Oil Excess Return" either, which is the index this ETF seeks to track (X 2).

#36     Feb 2, 2009
  7. #37     Feb 3, 2009
  8. Where can you find the information on exactly which futures contracts are being traded by DXO?

Thanks.

#38     Feb 13, 2009
  9. I've been watching DTO/DXO a lot over the last month, and today was easily the weirdest day I have ever seen with these stocks.

Crude went from around $34 to $38 a barrel, and DXO went from it's previous close of $2.53 to $2.36. Completely the opposite of what you would normally expect to see.

#39     Feb 13, 2009
  10. the front month went up. the rest of the months went down

#40     Feb 13, 2009