dxFeed market data is now in MotiveWave

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by antares66, Jul 12, 2021.

1. dxFeed

dxFeed Sponsor

[​IMG]
    dxFeed has integrated its data feed into the MotiveWave software, a full-featured charting, analysis and trading platform built for individual traders. More than 10 subscriptions come directly from the essential U.S. exchanges, and the number of data feeds will be constantly expanded. The full list can be found on the dxFeed Retail portal.

This collaboration gives MotiveWave users access to real-time data with different depth: Top of Book (real-time Best Bid, Offer and Last Sale market data, known as Level1) and Full Market Depth.

MotiveWave was one of the first trading platforms of the dxFeed retail partnership network that supported access to new historical market data depth. So far, the following is available for MotiveWave users:
    • Every tick data going back up to two years
    • 1-minute aggregates going back up to five years
    • 1-hour aggregates going back up to five years
    • Day aggregates: from 1970 for the selected assets
    “We are grateful to MotiveWave for their trust and the opportunity to be among the first to open access to a new depth of data for individual traders,” said Dmitrii Parilov, Managing Director of dxFeed. “We guarantee to provide high-quality and low-latency real-time and historical data, which makes it possible to use volume analysis and other powerful functionality in the MotiveWave platform.”

“Many of our customers need more profound access to historical market data than previously the market could provide specifically for individual traders. That is why we were looking for a reliable provider that could offer us the quality and depth of market data superior to other offerings on the market. We believe that our customers will appreciate it,” — Tony Lindsay, Founder of MotiveWave.

(*) Note: MotiveWave platform license needs to be ordered directly from MotiveWave.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  2. I´m just testing dxfeed with Motivewave for stocks what is now available. But i ask myself if only NASDAQ is sufficent for daytrading because EDGX, ARCA, BATS are not included. NASDAQ is only 40% of the book most. There is a difference between the dxfeed and the feed in tradingview or tos because their feed is aggregated from all exchanges. I also noticed a delay before a new candle shows up on the one minute chart. In MW there is a countdown feature which lets you see when a new candle should be shown. Sometimes i noticed a delay of 2 seconds. Don´t know if this a setup issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2021
  3. dxFeed

dxFeed Sponsor

Hello antares66,

Let me answer your questions in order:
    Are you referring to Level1 data (Best Bid, Offer and Last Sale market data + Historical charting), or Level2 (Market Depth) data?

A new candle should be shown as soon as there is a new tick forming it. If you can see new ticks coming in the TimeAndSale window, but they are not being shown on your chart, then it could be a setup issue. Try right clicking on your chart and then selecting Show Extended Data. If that does not fix it - please contact MotiveWave for further assistance with the software configuration.

4. I´m referring to Level1 data.
    All of my charts show extended data. Yesterday i had no problems, the new 1m candle was forming immediately.

5. I like the combination MW/dxfeed but what annoys me is that the switch from minute chart to daily chart takes soooo long. Sometimes one minute or more to get the full daily chart. Switching the other way happens instantly. Maybe it´s up to MW or a setting issue. Don´t know.

6. dxFeed

dxFeed Sponsor

antares66, Nasdaq subscription provides access only to the shares traded directly on Nasdaq. However, we are working with MotiveWave on adding a feed aggregated from all exchanges - CTAUTP (Consolidated US Equities listed on NYSE, Nasdaq, and regional exchanges. Real-time National and Regional Best Bid and Offer and Last Sale market data + Historical charting).

Downloading daily data should not take long. You may need to check your setup for the features using tick or minute data for calculations, they may increase the download time.

7. @dxFeed
    When will your work on CTAUTP (Consolidated US Equities listed on NYSE, Nasdaq, and regional exchanges. Real-time National and Regional Best Bid and Offer and Last Sale market data + Historical charting) be finished? I know you already offer the same datafeed for Quantower.
    At the moment i´m using your NASDAQ feed for MW on IB. But with this combination tick charts for stocks cannot be pulled up. I get an error message.
    When using dxfeed without IB there are no problems.

8. dxFeed

dxFeed Sponsor

Hello antares66,

Consolidated US Equities (CTA/UTP) feed for MotiveWave is now available for purchase on our website: https://get.dxfeed.com/orders/new/motivewave