dxFeed - Institutional Grade Market Data Provider

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by dxFeed, Apr 16, 2020.

1. And? As said, there are a million other products out there that can feed some cute candlestick charts. Tradingview probably does not cost more with cme prices. In fact I just checked. They charge 45 a month for cme e-mini Realtime data. But their platform is way more polished and mobile capable than amibroker.

I am almost certain at this point that Dxfeed bet on the wrong horse with their business decision. Instead of setting themselves apart they rather chose to enter a super crowded field where even their entry prices and discounts intended to steal market share are not much lower than regular prices. No retail trader who screen trades cares about some marketing bla about a few milliseconds lower latencies here or there. If I wanted to consider another charting app and data source I would 100% go with Tradingview. Global market data, all asset classes (well all but options I think) a polished UI, a powerful script language, engineers who pump out updates at breakneck speeds. What you get here? CME US futures, and CME Europe? US stocks also? Not sure but nothing that goes beyond the absolute minimum standard in terms of market access.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    #41     Nov 24, 2020
  2. 931

The domain is down.

#42     Nov 26, 2020
  3. ZBZB

ZBZB

#43     Nov 26, 2020
  4. dxFeed

dxFeed Sponsor

Hello DiceAreCast,

We appreciate your interest in dxFeed, but it looks like there is some misconception about our data products. Let me try to clarify it.

dxFeed is not about “a super crowded field of charting apps” and “cute candles”. dxFeed is a market data services and solutions provider. Being an institutional-grade data vendor, we have launched retail data products that we believe are the best offering on the market in terms of quality, features, and support. Our top-grade colocation infrastructure allows us to provide non-conflated data with the lowest latency for our clients at very competitive pricing.

dxFeed is the only market data provider that offers full historical orderbook data for US Stocks to backfill the orderbook evolution history for heatmap display applications like dxFeed Bookmap. With the help of this unique visualization, you can learn market microstructure viewing the market like in HD video, understand the strengths/weaknesses of buyers and sellers. This is the experience you'll never get in the other charting applications. We are opening unique access to full Depth feeds for US Stocks like NASDAQ TotalView and CBOE EDGX Depth for retail users, which no one of the mentioned competitors does.

#44     Dec 8, 2020
  5. dxFeed

dxFeed Sponsor

Hello asymptote,

Please note that the mentioned price tag for the API access is targeted to business clients. It is justified by the laws we have to follow to legally provide high-quality data and is backed up by our infrastructure and support.
    We appreciate your input and will review the competitive offerings and the possibility to provide such services for retail clients in the future.

#45     Dec 8, 2020
  6. You are conflating two completely different things. You start with talking about your new retail offering but then highlight points that only pertain to your institutional product. I don't perceive your retail product in any way to be superior to other retail data feed vendors. If so, then you advertise it poorly or don't even mention it. Your regular retail feed serves off the shelf charting products, which I pointed out when I said that you mostly focus being a B2B player. Then the absence of a retail grade api means you don't serve the space between retail and professional at all. I can't comment on your professional or collocation products as I don't focus on that space. But as someone who runs algorithms on my own machines in the cloud I don't find your product of use at all for absence of a meaningful api. To serve my data visualization tools I am well served (for free) by my broker feed. And re your professional feeds as said I can't comment on it because I have no knowledge of that.

#46     Dec 8, 2020
    asymptote likes this.
  7. dxFeed

dxFeed Sponsor

DiceAreCast,

Allow me to clarify some information to make sure that none of us is conflating different things.

This forum thread concentrates on all dxFeed products and services. However, at the moment, the main flow of news focuses on our retail solutions because it is a new, vibrant, and progressive area, and we are actively working on amplifying our services within it.

Described earlier features such as full historical order book data for US Stocks for dxFeed Bookmap and full Depth feeds for US Stocks like NASDAQ TotalView and CBOE EDGX Depth, are unique offers for retail applications that are available to everyone at a competitive price, they are not business products only. It still doesn’t change the fact that our data services, infrastructure, and professional opinion are rooted in our experience in the business field and hence allow us to provide top-notch services to our clients.

API access that you are requesting is something between retail and business solutions. As previously mentioned, we do not currently provide that as a retail offer, but I’m sure that you’ve noticed that we react to feedback and work steadily towards the further development and improvement of our services, to make more clients happy. For this reason, we value your feedback.

#47     Dec 11, 2020
  8. Please PM me once you offer an api at a competitive price for retail.

#48     Dec 11, 2020
    asymptote and dxFeed like this.
  9. junkone

junkone

do you have toronto stock exchange data?

#49     Dec 15, 2020
  10. dxFeed

dxFeed Sponsor

Hello junkone,

Do you need NASDAQ Canada, or only Toronto Stock Exchange?

#50     Dec 16, 2020