dvp

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ranmad1, Nov 7, 2005.

1. ranmad1

ranmad1

Does anybody in this room trade on a dvp basis? If so can you please reply I have some questions.
    Thank you

2. Very rare any more. We have a couple of groups who do this, but the risk is enormous...analogous to giving someone a blank check or an unlimited credit card. Still a couple of "good ol' boys" in the network, however.

Don

3. not that I no anything about DVP

but is this illegal nowadays ?

:confused:

4. Guys, DVP is used every day by MANY funds.

It's not a "strategy" to be termed legal or illegal.

Delivery Versus Payment is how those using prime brokers generally function. You do your trading wherever you choose to execute (and you have a DVP agreement with them), and your clearing broker pays them for delivery of your trades with cash/financing from your prime account.

5. is "dvp" / "rvp" related to "agency" trading and principal trading done on the street ?

6. ranmad1

ranmad1

Does anybody here trade DVP. If so I think I can really help you out

7. these are the questions you have??

8. That's funny.

So, how might you be able to help someone in that situation?

Edit: Ahh, now I c. You're a sales trader.

9. Bsulli

Bsulli

Because if you look under his profile you realize he is is a non ET sponsor trolling for customers as a spammer.

fwiw
    :D

10. ranmad1

ranmad1

you are right I am looking for new business but my intentions are not to be "spamming" I think I have a lot to offer, and if you give me a chance I can prove it. I work with accounts as small as 1 million and as large as 30 billion. I apologize if you thought I was spamming.

#10     Nov 8, 2005