Duxon's Weightlifting Archive

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by expiated, Jul 12, 2021.

1. expiated

expiated

Elite Trader's journaling functionality proved to be invaluable in terms of keeping me focused and motivated during the final four years it took me to perfect the trading strategy I first envisioned in 2015. Consequently, I've taken to using it to help me continue growing in other areas of interest as well, now to include weight training.

2. expiated

expiated

3. expiated

expiated

4. expiated

expiated

Wednesday / November 17, 2021

I think I’m beginning to see a noticeable bit of expansion in my biceps, but I don’t know if this is really the case or if I’m just imagining it. I therefore went out this afternoon and bought a tape measurer to find out where they stand as of today, which looks to be something like 11¾ to 12 inches at the most. So, if at some point in the future they measure greater than 12 inches, I’ll know for sure that I'm making progress.

upload_2021-11-17_18-23-21.png Is this the future me?

5. expiated

expiated

upload_2021-11-18_6-45-7.png

How to do it:
    Perform the circuit below as a 20-minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible). Aim to complete 3 to 4 rounds. Perform each move for the recommended number of reps before starting a new round. Perform the circuit 1 to 2 times per week, spread about three days apart to give your core ample rest time. Each exercise is demonstrated by Dane Miklaus so you can learn perfect form.

Plank Mogul
    Start in a high plank position, shoulders over wrists and core braced to create a solid foundation. Drawing shoulder blades down, jump both feet toward right hand, bringing bent knees close to right elbow and landing softly. Jump back to the starting position in high plank, then quickly jump both feet to left hand, with bent knees coming to left elbow. Return to center. Continue to repeat as fast as possible while maintaining proper core position. Complete 30 reps.

Jackknife
    Lie faceup on a mat with legs straight, arms extended straight overhead. Engage core to lift head, neck, and shoulders off the mat as you draw hands and feet toward the ceiling to meet (you may only be able to tap your shins). Lower arms and legs slowly, ensuring your pelvis does not lift up, keeping your lower back protected and pressed to mat. As you return to starting position, keep core engaged so that hands and feet do not touch the ground. Repeat. Complete 15 reps.

Side Plank With Toe Tap
    Start in a side forearm plank with right elbow under shoulder, right forearm flat, left arm extended straight up, and feet staggered. Lift right foot, bending knee to step it in front of left foot. That’s one rep. Reverse the move to return right foot to starting position. Remember to keep core engaged throughout to prevent hips from dipping or swaying. Complete 30 reps on each side, each round.

Knee-to-Elbow Forearm Plank
    Start in a forearm plank position with elbows under shoulders, forearms on the floor, hands in fists, back straight, and abs tight. Engage glutes and legs to prevent hips from lifting or dipping so body forms a straight line from heels to head. Then, draw left knee up to left elbow, aiming to tap knee to tricep. Return to the starting position. Repeat on the right side, keeping core stable and hips from rotating, performing the move slowly. That’s one rep. Complete 20.

Stair-Climber Crunch
    Lie faceup with fingers interlaced behind your head. Use core to lift head, neck, and shoulders—don’t pull on neck with hands—to crunch up as you bend right knee, draw it toward chest, and hover left leg off the ground. Lower right leg and upper body to return to starting position. That’s one rep. Repeat on the left side, crunching up, bending left knee, drawing it toward chest and hovering right leg off ground. Lower back down. Think: a bicycle crunch without the rotation. Complete 20 reps.

6. expiated

expiated

7. expiated

expiated

8. expiated

expiated

Working up to the L-Sit Hold

9. expiated

expiated

Baron likes this.
  10. expiated

expiated