Duxon's Archive

Discussion in 'Journals' started by expiated, Feb 1, 2019.

1. expiated

expiated

I only managed a handful of pips today in two of my accounts. (I assigned my OANDA account another task this morning.)

ScreenHunter_9326 Jan. 07 13.07.jpg

#381     Jan 7, 2021
  2. expiated

expiated

After waiting around since 5:45 PST this morning, EURUSD finally appears to be headed higher...

ScreenHunter_9354 Jan. 11 08.43.jpg

#382     Jan 11, 2021
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  3. expiated

expiated

From my NPP Daily Analysis thread...

upload_2021-1-11_19-55-36.png

The purple histogram tells me in which direction to trade and the black oscillator tells me when I should buy or sell (when I should enter a position on a pullback).

upload_2021-1-11_20-12-29.png

I just realized...it seems like this would be super easy to automate. If it makes money traded manually, I'm going to have to see if I can have someone code an MT4 expert advisor for me to see if that works also. It would certainly make it a lot easier to trade several pairs simultaneously.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    #383     Jan 11, 2021
  4. expiated

expiated

Tuesday / January 12, 2020 / 8:50 a.m. PST

Because I had already entered a number of positions before I was struck by the idea of the “15-Minute Touch” strategy yesterday, I could not take full advantage of the tactic this morning. Instead, I simply relied on its principles to scalp a few pips here and there. Also, because my main goal this morning was to hurry up and exit all my positions with at least a little bit of profit so that I could get out and go grocery shopping, I neither monitored my trades closely nor remained in them for maximum profit.

Given all of these mildly negative factors, I am very encouraged by today's results, which I interpret as a testament to the potential of this latest approach to implementing the Numerical Price Prediction system of trading.

ScreenHunter_9363 Jan. 12 08.45.jpg

#384     Jan 12, 2021
  5. expiated

expiated

Thursday, January 14, 2021

I seem to recall that somewhere between 2014 and 2017 I came to the conclusion that attempting to trade successfully beyond anything more than an intraday or scalping perspective (time frame) was outside the realm of possibility for me. But thanks be to God, I'm finding more and more reason to suspect I was wrong back then.

ScreenHunter_9365 Jan. 14 11.17.jpg

Not only am I finding success with both the "Secret Sauce" and "15-Minute Touch" versions of Numerical Price Prediction, but in taking another look at my longer-range chart setups with these two tactics in mind, I have modified the organization of the measures I use on those configurations such that I think it's possible my average return per trade is going to at least double now, and that on most days, my success rate is going to be 100%.

This is not the manner in which I traded today (since I just put the altered chart together only a few minutes ago), but I was nonetheless able to scalp a couple or a handful of pips from USDJPY and USDCHF at the end of this morning, based on the logic underlying this newest rendition of my system.

If it still works when I put it into full implementation, I think there's a good chance I'm likely to now begin increasing the typical size of my trades to at least double by daily returns.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    #385     Jan 14, 2021
  6. expiated

expiated

Saturday, January 16, 2021

I just configured a one-minute chart setup derived from integrating the Secret Sauce, Touch, and Structure-based styles of trading NPP and am amused at finding myself feeling somewhat excited about putting it to the test next week. It is quite a beautiful thing to my eyes. And to an even greater degree than before, I have to say that it strikes me as being all about the numbers.

It's all about the math. But, now it's not just a matter of statistical probabilities and how variable distributions or datasets correlate to baselines, temporal support and resistance, and price range envelopes. There is now a fresh and significant aspect of the system involving "temporal patterns" that make entries and exits functions of a process almost like that of reading of a map—turn left here, turn right there, go west three miles and then veer to the north, etc. The whole pictured is laid out directly in front of me as it unfolds right before my very eyes.

I don’t know if things will be as obvious while they are developing in real time, but I’m looking forward to finding out.

#386     Jan 16, 2021
  7. expiated

expiated

Monday / January 18, 2021 / 8:25 p.m. PST

I think this definitely has potential. Thanks be to the Father, today's performance might be the best I've been able to manage since I began trading Forex around the end of 2011.

ScreenHunter_9372 Jan. 18 20.07.jpg

#387     Jan 18, 2021
  8. expiated

expiated

A NEW FOCUS / Wednesday / January 20, 2021 / 6:30 a.m. PST

ScreenHunter_9397 Jan. 20 06.22 (1).jpg

God willing, the main focus now becomes growth.
    1. From November of 2011 to November of 2015 I was searching for a winning Forex day trading strategy.
    2. I spent the months between November 2015 up to the summer of 2016 testing out the Multiple Simple Moving Average Envelope (MS MAE) approach I came up with, which (at long last) I found to be a profitable system.
    3. For the rest of 2016 up to the summer of 2020, I worked on making the system even better, something that went on for much longer than I would have expected.
    4. The rest of 2020 was spent fine tuning the system, now called Numerical Price Prediction, and making subtle adjustments.
    5. Now I am no longer changing the system per se, but simply optimizing how I implement it—a process which seems to have also been completed (on Monday). So, all I have left to do at this time is grow my accounts each day, as God allows, until they reach the maximum size I can handle efficiently.

#388     Jan 20, 2021
  9. expiated

expiated

A NEW FOCUS / Monday / January 25, 2021 / 9:40 a.m. PST

I'm not sure that I will be posting many, if any, addition trade-related posts here at EliteTrader in that I just discovered a new creator crowdfunding site established in 2019 by Dave Rubin and Assaf Lev where I can post content targeted at people specifically interested in my approach to trading Forex.

So, whatever drives me to publicize ideas as they occur to me is likely to be satisfied via that community, making posts here unnecessary and redundant. I will therefore be interested in observing myself to see how much activity ends here and begins there.

#389     Jan 25, 2021
  10. ph1l

ph1l

The site is https://locals.com/

#390     Jan 25, 2021