Duxon's Archive

Discussion in 'Journals' started by expiated, Feb 1, 2019.

1. .sigma

.sigma

You have cooler looking charts than me.

#101     Nov 15, 2019
  2. expiated

expiated

Online Trading Academy...

ScreenHunter_7091 Nov. 15 21.03.jpg

#102     Nov 16, 2019
  3. expiated

expiated

Monday / November 18, 2019 / 6:05 p.m. PST

I got off to a TERRIBLE start today...

ScreenHunter_7105 Nov. 18 17.15.jpg

#103     Nov 18, 2019
    .sigma likes this.
  4. .sigma

.sigma

It's not how to start, its how you finish, and by the looks of it you finished great!

Gotta lose to win...

Good job!

#104     Nov 18, 2019
  5. expiated

expiated

Wednesday / November 20, 2019

As I move toward solidifying how I conceptualize trading foreign currency pairs, I'm posting this record of how I picture it at this time to have a permanent record of its configuration as I initially imagined it.

ScreenHunter_7113 Nov. 20 14.37.jpg

Basically, I'm looking at four sets of directional bias lines: long-term, intermediate, intraday, and short-term; two or three sets of simple moving average envelopes (depending on how you look at it); and a single Donchian channel.

#105     Nov 20, 2019
  6. expiated

expiated

Friday / November 22, 2019 / 10:00 p.m. PST

I continue to trade the NPP system using a pseudo-swing style of trading, even though a scalping/guerrilla style would probably be more profitable due to taking advantage of virtually every trade opportunity. I do so to conserve effort, given that day trading can be very labor intensive.

However, I might make the switch at any time now, and am therefore noting the following observations in preparation for this…

ScreenHunter_7121 Nov. 22 21.31.jpg

Note:
    • The long-term Universal Directional Bias Trio, otherwise known as “ghost lines,” are omitted from this setup in that their settings were too high to be rendered.
    • The intermediate Global Directional Bias Threefold Cord is now recolored chocolate, Peru, and dark goldenrod for this "micromanagement" configuration.
    • The intraday Local Directional Bias Duo has been made into a Trio by plotting a grayish moving average between the green and purple ones.
    • A shorter-term thin-lined intermediate Donchian channel has been added, as well as a bold inner Chande-Kroll stop channel.
    For now, my impression is that at this level, the (yellow, gold, and orange) short-term Directional Bias Cluster becomes almost inconsequential in that it simply suffers from too much lag to be of much use in making precise, optimally-timed entries and exits, yet is too sensitive to price action to accurately convey in which direction a given exchange rate is ultimately headed. Instead, the three channels used to define launchpads and landing sites become the focus, with all positions entered in the direction recommended by the slopes of the (brownish) Global Directional Bias Threefold Cord and the (green, gray, and purple) intraday Local Directional Bias Trio.

Examples of the type of setups constituting potential entry levels are labeled one through five. When candlesticks begin forming (pulling back) to the outside of the bold Chande-Kroll stop, wait for them to reenter it, especially after having made contact with the outer thick-lined Donchian channel.

Execute trades when reversals are confirmed by candlestick crossing back inside the bold blue frequency wave (which was added due to the original blue frequency waves evidencing too much fluctuation, and the crimson frequency waves exhibiting too much lag).

Exit positions (take profit) when candlestick formation, the Chande-Kroll stop, and the (blue and red) frequency waves all suggest an exchange rate has ended its forward progress on the opposite side of the channels in the direction of the slope of the directional bias trend lines.

(It would appear that the River Banks and Tsunami Shorelines are pretty much ignored at this level.)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    #106     Nov 23, 2019
  7. expiated

expiated

ScreenHunter_7122 Nov. 23 07.59.jpg

Note that after making the changes, the "Yellow Brick Road" (short-term Directional Bias Cluster) once again adds more rhyme and reason to the micro configuration, with price tending to eventually "drift" to whichever side of the "Road" the crimson moving averages (and blue frequency waves, but only at certain times) are located...

the yellow brick road.png

This is of particular value in contexts such as the market structure pictured here, when the longer-term clusters are out of alignment and/or more-or-less neutral, so that the only trade opportunities are short-term scalping/guerrilla attack situations.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    #107     Nov 23, 2019
  8. expiated

expiated

Tuesday / December 3, 2019 / 1:00 p.m. PST

A week-and-a-half later and I have no new thoughts to add nor have I made even a single slight adjustment or modification. I think there is a good chance I can finally put Numerical Price Prediction on complete cruise control now.

I registered for some kind of "CME Group Trade Against a Pro Trading Challenge" about which I wrote that I wasn't sure it would be worth my time, but after having messed with their platform a couple of days, I might change my mind.

It appears winning would require a daily return of approximately $20,000 which is a ridiculous goal for me, but if, for example, I were to trade the maximum number of contracts (10) with respect to a single asset, such as NZQ9, I don't think it is out of the question. Trading for just an hour or two between an intraday range this morning, I managed a return of $1,700...

ScreenHunter_7201 Dec. 03 12.28.jpg

I tried to enter a position last night, but everything was black and inactive. I don't know if it was the outfit's irritating platform, or something with my connection, but all other websites were working just fine. They also have about the most annoying automatic bouncy drop-down menu I have ever encountered in my entire life!!!

I would imagine if I came close to trading 24/7 I could take advantage of the kind of monster runs I missed last night (see the black oval) and the night before, that would be added to the more modest gains I'm "enjoying" presently (see the blue ovals).

ScreenHunter_7204 Dec. 03 12.46.jpg

But I still have to decide if the remotely theoretical possibility of winning $2500 would be worth the very real irritation of using their platform as well as missing out on a lot of precious slumber.

#108     Dec 3, 2019
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  9. expiated

expiated

#109     Dec 6, 2019
  10. expiated

expiated

Friday / December 6, 2019 / 9:30 a.m. PST

There is not really anything new, but the way you have arranged things is. This is your most recent favorite 15-minute chart configuration, which you absolutely love...

upload_2019-12-6_9-26-40.png

It was derived from the "5-Minute Binary Option tunnel," and then transported from 60- to 15-minute charts. The indicators are all proprietary except for the Donchian channel (although actually, you also once coded such a thing yourself, but then [re]discovered it already existed.)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    #110     Dec 6, 2019