Duref Mudgins Invites Jack Hershey to Reminisce

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I too read the whole thing, and I too was oddly entertained by it...

#51     Jun 19, 2008
  2. In defense of Jack, to find his books you have to search on his proper name. Oddly, he wishes simultaneously to be public AND private, unlike our famous Don Bright and Hypostomus Plecostomus, so he does not ordinarily reveal his full name. Trust me, there are 14 books to be found, so in that respect he is the real deal. Though many of them are what some of us call monographs. IMO he exaggerates their importance, and for some he is the editor, not the author, but they exist. I'll stretch a bit and say that he doesn't want them to be found because one of us might secure them and start quoting gibberish from them. Wouldn't do.

On another note, the more I think about it, the more I am astonished that Jack impugned my lack of character. I mean, is that not self-evident? Did he need to rub my nose it in like a puppy that just shit on the carpet? Did all my readers not already KNOW? But that is his style, to state and restate and overstate the obvious. I did enjoy the little hint that had I proved worthy his worldly Jesus adopted son might have condescended to save me from myself and teach me how to trade. Even Todd knows better, haha! I say all this because my pillow appeared tear-stained when I awoke this morning. Or had I had it down between my legs?

#52     Jun 19, 2008
  3. I do not mean to denigrate the content, but we are not talking about War and Peace here. His favorite book, to judge from his postings, is about education for environmental issues. It's about 200 pages. Out of print, which tells you something. My book was published in 1975 and it still sells because it is timeless. Clever authors write that way. His last work was done in the late 70's. The company of published authors is not as rare as you might think, and certainly not heady by any means. And publication is no guarantee of character or admirability, as my own case proves without a doubt. I consider myself to be Jack's equal in professional accomplishment. My ideas and their hardware realizations are all over the world and will be for decades. So you can understand why I take umbrage when he talks down to me. Carter administration indeed! I served under the JOHNSON administration! I have been reading him for years, and the truth is that that outside of a couple of very narrow areas of expertise he is a dilettante. He throws around big ideas as if he understood them, but digging deeper you find that he only knows the blurb on the back cover of the book. At a cocktail party you would laugh your ass off at him and call your friends over to watch you demolish his pretensions.

#53     Jun 19, 2008
  4. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

I treat Jack Hershey as Marx/Engels of a trading world, people may invest thousands of hours reading & seeking the truth only to realise that it is all but a sweet dream. In this life there is no such thing as true perfect, close to OK, but Jack is trying to sell the idea of us able to achieve unattainable perfection in trading, whilst he can not show us how in real-time, maybe one needs to be a magician, at least they can do magic in real-time...but they don't reveal their secrets :(

#54     Jun 19, 2008
  5. Who knows? Todd says he's a great guy. But then, he made Todd rich, didn't he? Didn't he?

"Sic transit gloria." Get over it, Jack. I did. Now we are just two rambling old men trying to convince those who inherited our world that we are relevant. I hate Springsteen, but he said it best:

"Glory days well they'll pass you by
    Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
    Glory days, glory days."

#55     Jun 19, 2008
  6. Reveal their secrets? There are no secrets. The late Bruce Babcock Jr.'s "The Four Cardinal Principles of Trading" revealed all. Everybody KNOWS the secrets, they just can't implement them, haha! I can't, either, but I wrote code that can. And I do what it tells me to.

#56     Jun 19, 2008
  7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Of course magicians have secrets, if you knew how they do it, then you wouldn't go & pay to see them perform those tricks, why bring in Babcock into this? Jack is a failed magician. It's like buying a book "Best magic tricks revealed" & not be able to do any of those tricks in a live environment.

#57     Jun 19, 2008
  8. :D :) :p

#58     Jun 19, 2008
  9. #59     Jun 19, 2008
  10. I think it is very hard to even capture 1x the daily range of the market, especially every day.

I have only seen one trading system do it with real money for example RT Forex North on C2 can be found on the top of the list of "best forex systems", and when it trades it has captured the daily range range for example once 140 pips on a single trade with 40 contracts.

But even it has losses and doesn't trade everyday, but so far has not had a single losing month this year.

The good thing about C2 is that you can see real money trades from subscriber brokerage accounts to verify that people are actually making money.

#60     Jun 19, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.