Duref Mudgins Explains ET to a Client

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Heh heh, what does this even mean? You got a PM from Jack a few years ago and you can't let it go? You are a sorry sap my friend.

Sorry Duref, as you were :)

(I know BB will respond, he is so weak willed, but I will not derail your thread any longer. Enjoy the upcoming weekend.)

#11     Jun 13, 2008
  2. lolz ... :)

Happy Friday

P.S. Hey, I always say "if you can't beat'em, join'em" ... or just high-tail it for greener pastures ... or if none of those two options sound good to you, just ignore them, in word and deed.

Hatred isn't the opposite of Love, Apathy is.

#12     Jun 13, 2008
  3. Edited for accuracy :p

#13     Jun 13, 2008
  4. You can say that again.

Swordy and Cocaine makeup the front guard for Jack.

With the rear being brought up by romanus, Tums and nkohi.

While callmate runs shotgun.

Funniest shit I've ever seen ... if the system actually made money, they wouldn't need all of the censoring and defending ... :D

#14     Jun 13, 2008
  5. H.H. Reyes: Of course I'm surprised people don't like me. All I want to do is GIVE them something. What's so hard about that?

Duref Mudgins: Perhaps they think you want something in return. Or that you're dogmatic. Do you dialogue with dissenters?

H.H: Of course not! They are complete unseeing fools! Congenitally incapable of recognizing the verity of what I have to offer. Weak-willed. Weak-minded. Lost in the TA '60's. With their pathetic little profit expectations. And their '60's trading terminology. I offer them a new age in trading! With a new vocabulary. And new tools. All backed up by the deep conviction that the money is laying around on exchange floors just waiting to be picked up by those who follow me.

Duref: Are you SURE I don't know you?

#15     Jun 13, 2008
  6. Duref: Well, no matter. If ET were a real place it would give hell a run for it's money. Some weird people there. Obsessives. Compulsives. Paranoids. Delusionals. Multiple personalities. Manics. Psychopaths. And every conceivable combination. Why don't you just put the doubters in their place with proof of some sort? I mean, have an account audited and certified. Or trade live at a show. Or make real time calls in Chat. Or invite them to trade against you. That would surely humiliate them and make them slink away to reinvent themselves with new aliases.

H.H.: Oh, no! I'll not demean myself by doing that. If they want to follow me, they must BELIEVE. Belief is at the core of what I teach. You have to be what I do. And I'll not accept any foreigners, or skeptics, or questioners, or any literary pussies with their cute anagrams. Or worse, any of those malicious backtesters. A filty lot, they are! All they can think of is hard. Hard rules. Unambiguous algorithms. Hard trade calls in software. It's not that simple! They have to code and backtest because they're so STUPID. Oh, and they're lazy, too. Just want the software to tell them when to take trades. REAL traders continually scan complex charts, annotate market conditions by hand, watch multiple time frames and issues, and collaborate with like minds all day. No dummies need apply to be real traders!

#16     Jun 13, 2008
  7. Duref Mudgins: Ooops! Looks like our time is up! I gotta go get spun up to trade the close. You wanna hang around and watch? I'll show you some really cool algorithms. Gave 'em all funny psych names, too!

H.H. Reyes: No thanks. I gotta go annotate some charts after the fact. Thanks for nuthin', Mudgins!

#17     Jun 13, 2008
  8. Very informative, I weep for the world

#18     Jun 13, 2008
  9. Boy, you sound awfully familiar. :confused:

Are you a published author by chance?

Ever been in any trading compeititions?

Do you have a strong following of wannabe's who possesss a certain zeal for your teachings, to the point of meglomaina?

#19     Jun 13, 2008
  10. Is Harry Potter in here?

#20     Jun 13, 2008