Duref Mentors Lucky

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Does the Treasury mail out overseas or should I use your mailbox.

regards
    f9

#41     Feb 19, 2009
  2. F9, it has not escaped my attention that you are not being much help here. Kindly give the nice lady some intelligent answers to her questions. You can't possibly do any worse than I did.

#42     Feb 19, 2009
  3. And Lucky, while you are thinking about your obvious trading time frame issues, please consider what kind of income stream you need to achieve and what account size you are willing to risk. Also, since you have family commitments, how much time during the day you can commit to it. I know you and everyone else can see this advice coming: You might be better off getting a job and saving your butter and egg money. Then when you get to be old and worthless like me YOU can become a trader and opine grandly on ET!

#43     Feb 19, 2009
  4. LOL, yes he can. :p

j/k :D

#44     Feb 19, 2009
  5. Thanks, JJ! I was wondering when the B-Team would ride to the rescue! If you don't offer some good advice I am going to be reduced to referring her you-know-where for investing and trading methods. This is no-shit serious here. How would you like to be a phony like me and have someone PM you earnestly seeking advice? Help me out of this jam, jimmy!

#45     Feb 19, 2009
  6. LG

I intra trade ES and position trade trendy instruments (there is a list of trendy stuff on web/ET somewhere)

I no longer invest in instruments because it requires a degree of trust and that link has sadly been broken.
    Consequently, every instrument can be flattened at any time.

But rule of thumb is ES is intraday and currencies etc are driven from the weekly base chart.

I have no preconceived notions of ES each session.
    I don't care what it does so long as it does something.

regards
    f9

#46     Feb 19, 2009
  7. Thanks, F9. Good advice! Of course I know exactly what you mean (don't I?), but please give her a hint what you mean by "the weekly base chart."

#47     Feb 19, 2009
  8. Multiple time-frames are good.

Risking greater than 5% of your account is not.

The conservative experts suggest a maximum of 2%.

Try working in that range. :)

Words to the wise, but trading is for the foolish who dream of freedom and untold riches! :D

Just ... lol :p

#48     Feb 19, 2009
  9. :D

#49     Feb 19, 2009
  10. There you have it, Lucky! I doubt it gets any better than that. Swing trade momo stocks, trade index futures for day-in-day-out bread-and-butter, don't invest, and don't bet the farm. Just like I said do. Told you you'd get widely varying opinions.

#50     Feb 19, 2009