Duref Mentors Lucky

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Feb 19, 2009.

1. We won't have to move to Mexico. Mexico continues to move to us. But what of retirement account "nationalization" in Argentina (I thinks that's Portugooeys for "confiscation")? If I do off myself I will make the national headlines by taking a few people with me to be my servants in the afterlife.

#31     Feb 19, 2009
  2. Fearless, a margarita sounds like a wonderful idea about now. You are lucky indeed to have the intellect that you have. Cheers to that.

Duref, a triple-E? I would like photo evidence. Is aural sex very different from phone sex?

As to investing, I am still struggling with the concept. To be honest, I had assumed that no successful traders still "invested". What is the attraction to investing versus position trading?

#32     Feb 19, 2009

3. Not certain that Mexico is still moving to you anymore.

Employment other than holdups, home invasion, kidnappings etc seem to be falling off.

Just wondering if a successful kidnapping in LA that is converted into a home purchase in Mexico counts as part of the global economy.

The gov of Arg has snatched the portion of the national pension fund that it doesn't already control.

This is being done in order to get us through the bad period of 2009 created by you silly greedy buggers in the first world.
    This is finally a sense of responsibility on the part of arg gov. since normally their plan A is to simply default. I like plan A as it is so clean.

Also it is identical to allowing the SEC, FED and Treasury to permit dishonest practice and collapse 401Ks

The big trick is to say that you thought the other guy was honest and you couldn't see this mess coming.

Now you mention servants and this is where argentine lifestyle kicks into top gear.

Firstly you buy a block of land with a big house (estancia).
    Then you employ people to look after you.
    You in turn take care of them and their families.
    You provide for their aged with dignity.
    You provide medical.
    You provide schooling for the young and university for the gifted.
    Anything happens to you and this glorious chain of events ceases to exist.

It is so exciting.
    It is so like new.
    We are going to call it new age feudalism, write a book and sell it to all the chat shows.
    It will be the next next thing because it is just like, you know ..... so new.

regards
    f9

#33     Feb 19, 2009
  4. When you get as old as I am both your feet and your ass get wide. "Aural sex" is a decades-old Southern joke I can't repeat here. I'll PM you.

Investing, especially inside a tax-protected IRA or 401K, has many benefits I think. IMO we are currently at astonishingly low valuations and astonishingly high dividends. If the dividends on the Dow's Dogs hold up through the next cycle of earnings reports, I would dive in. If I am right that our Marxist government's policies will lead us into high inflation, stocks are a good place to be for a majority of your portfolio, especially stocks of companies that can pass on increasing prices like oils and miners and paper and food.

I have a huge spread sheet of economic what-ifs assuming I live to be 90 that I use to game financial survival. The objective being that the money doesn't run out before I die, and the wife can fend for herself after I am gone. The bugaboo is not deflation, it is hyperinflation. So when more big stocks turn the corner I will be investing aggressively, maybe as much as 50% of liquid assets. My friend Joe Doaks uses the decision making tool represented in the attachment, which he calls Ternary Decision Theory. It's an unnecessary complication of Murray_T_Turtle's beloved 50-day EMA. Engineers always gotta improve on perfection.

• dm.jpg
      File size:
      26.5 KB
      Views:
    #34     Feb 19, 2009
  5. Uh, F9, somebody already wrote that book. It's called "Gone with the Wind!" But I'll keep the New Feudalism in mind as my Plan B. You are too funny, bro! The Thought Police will be blowing down your door before I finish typing this.

#35     Feb 19, 2009
  6. Anna, forgot to talk investing vice trading. The idea is to trade with a tiny fraction of your account, but make as much money annually speculating as the investment accounts make investing. Years ago I spent some money well learning this from the late great Eddie Toppel. You got a cool million, open a futures account with 10K and trade 1 ES. You run the numbers on what you need to make daytrading to equal today's coprophagic returns in money market funds.

Now that I have made a complete fool of myself in public, you guys jump in and give her some GOOD advice, please!

#36     Feb 19, 2009
  7. The thieving swine.... they can all expect a legal suit ... fancy pinching my idea.

If the under performing leaders don't start to hyper inflate once we have all passed through the jaws of deflation, then quite frankly US will see some serious civil disturbance I imagine.

regards
    f9

#37     Feb 19, 2009
  8. Maybe. The median age here is pushing 40. And people would have to be motivated to get up off their generally fat asses to do something. Maybe after they've starved for a while and gotten lean and mean. But with this thread I have started my national campaign to make every person in the U. S. Oy Veh rich through daytrading futures. Lucky will be my poster child. She's good looking enough that I could sell America anything with her on my cereal box.

#38     Feb 19, 2009
  9. Opps, my silly error DM.

I mistakenly read IQ where you distinctly wrote 'age'

regards
    f9

#39     Feb 19, 2009
  10. You laugh. You might consider the impact on your trading if every family in America follows my lead and trades one ES every day, say 100M contracts. We'll be getting our brokerage account deposit money from the Treasury in the next round of bailouts.

#40     Feb 19, 2009