Duref Mentors Lucky

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Ni hao F9. Xiexie for posting.

#21     Feb 19, 2009
  2. The market just put in its daily low.

Thank you for your candid response. It made good sense to me. So I will not attempt to convert you to futures. I am confused about one thing, though. You cite holds from minutes to weeks, scalping to swinging, and in PMs you mentioned investing as well. Are you totally comfortable with trading multiple time frames? I am trying to get at psychological disposition. Since I can't see or hear you, I have to ask explicitly. For example, I am a twitch, which is why I prefer to scalp. Only fear of my wife's formidable wrath makes me a long-term investor.

So from now on, Lucky, I suggest that you address your stock questions to the audience at large. I'll chime in if I think futures knowlege applies.

#22     Feb 19, 2009
  3. F9, that is why I strive for novelty at all times, often veering into improv. Like Don Rickles does so well, you cannot go wrong belittling your audience.

#23     Feb 19, 2009
  4. BTW, Lucky, judging from that family picture you sent me, keep your husband far far away from your portfolio. His ring finger is shorter than his index finger. Only gentlemanly discretion prevents me from inquiring as to his shoe size.

(Again as an aside, while Lucky trades and gathers her thoughts, those of you who appreciated my earlier works may be interested to know that I am preparing for publication a new and daring treatise entitled "Incest, Cannibalism and Daytrading.")

#24     Feb 19, 2009
  5. LOLOL

#25     Feb 19, 2009
  6. Oddly enough this post is in line with this thread. (maybe I am losing my grip, or the margaritas under the warm Pueto Vallarta sun are kicking in)

One of the useless totally misleading expressions doing the rounds is 'the devil is in the details' TDTD

Now, the reason why I treat this expression so harshly is simply because if the big picture is assembled within it's own reality the details will fall into place.

How many times have you suffered through some under performing fool's rhetoric where it all winds up with 'tdtd'

Unfortunately this concept of swamping people with detail in order to disguise the fact that the leaders have absolutely no idea what they are doing is all around us, and indeed sadly it has penetrated the outer walls of our little band here at ET.

Or did it start in ET and spread out into the world, I cant remember .... too much detail.

Anyway, one way or another we are surrounded by under-achievers practicing their craft at all levels.

Did I mention Vallarta.

We have been here off and on since mid December, we were going to move on down the coast but mañana mania
    gripped us and here we still remain, too lazy to move, apart from sailing.
    At the risk of putting us both to sleep, we have scouted the area quite well.

A Realtor approached us (no names should be mentioned since you probably own Sothebys) and encouraged us to buy into Vallarta RE. She had some wonderful properties and we were blessed that they were being offered to select Clients.
    And before you ask; yes she had been told that we were Kiwis from a land far far away.

Anyway, since she already knew I was a dumb Kiwi I asked why every second house had a for sale sign.
    She told us we must be mistaken and I agreed siting one street in Upper Conchas Chinas where every casa was for sale... nothing under 1M.

Why do I have this feeling that this period of history is going to end badly.

Why do I have this feeling that if you fill a credit hole with paper money, then time will turn it into compost.

regards
    f9

#26     Feb 19, 2009
  7. M. Cur Mudgins,

Firstly, my husband's shoe size is 11 and 1/2. (Would I be pushing it to point out my username?)

Secondly, yes, my admission of multiple timeframes is a red flag. I have to give this some thought before I respond further.

Thirdly, if you don't mind, I would like to discuss the concept of investing further. But I can't right now, my husband is calling me...

#27     Feb 19, 2009
  8. Not thinking of moving from BA are we? Re your conservative economics diatribe, I am nearly 64, and I had hoped to escape through a timely death the next Great Depression, not to say the next Weimar Republic. I may have to kill myself to meet that timeline. I have hunkered down into cash, gold, bullets, and the only other freely traded commodity with near-infinite shelf life, 80-proof sextuple-distilled vodka. I calculate that about 2000 liters will last until I die, and am filling the garage with it now. The plan for after the Crash is to open a combined physical-gold-funded bank and saloon, with a discreet whorehouse in back serving clients in six langauges (our specialty will be aural sex). The bullets will come in handy no matter what the scenario. My neighborhood is already armed to the teeth and filled with closet Neo-Fascists like myself.

#28     Feb 19, 2009
  9. My dear Anna, do take your time. Being only a size 10 (shoe and dress), I am humbled. But at least I AM a triple-E. I can help with investing questions, since I am one of those evil corrupt misguided 401K fund market timers. And I also buy stocks of companies whose projected life expectancies exceed my own.

#29     Feb 19, 2009
  10. Actually, the more time we spend in the 'first world' the more we grow to appreciate the Argentine life style.

Argentina is under no illusion that it's politics are any better than say US or UK in these brave new times and so the order of the day is 'life style'

Mexico is not a place you would want to move to but I am willing to bet that millions of US will do exactly that in the next few years.

The mere thought that you may have to top yourself in order to meet self imposed time lines is a very first world thingy.

Have you given thought to the concept that the guy who owns the most toys when he dies is the winner.

South of the border we are too slow to compete, and so we go about things in a slightly different manner.

I must say; being identified as a dumb Kiwi has lifted an enormous burden from my shoulders and when I tell people that shuffle my way around south america, it is a show stopper.

Still, 'we do what we do' which is yet another stupid expression coined by stupid people trying to hide their stupidity from themselves.

64... golly you are even older than I

regards
    f9

#30     Feb 19, 2009