duped!

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by RockMachine, Jul 20, 2012.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

I met an author of 2 commodity trading books, shook his hand, looked straight into his eyes asking can you trade for me, make me rich and he said 'sure'. I took back the account and terminated the trading agreement when it was down -75%.

#21     Jul 22, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

That's not the same thing as HIRING someone to do ACTUAL work for you. If you hired me over the internet to build you a website for 5k and you paid me and never heard from me again, that's different then paying someone to "attempt" to make you money trading. Shit, had you given your money to John Paulson to manage last year he would have lost 50% of it. That doesn't mean he is a fraud. Apples and oranges here bud.

#22     Jul 22, 2012
  3. Dude put the cards (names) openly on the table or eat your loss and move on, I was showing a little sympathy for your stupidity initially but you keep on coming with all those "hints", guesses, "ET related", ...tell everyone who it is and deal with it head-on or leave it at that. But threatening others makes you look dumb, dumber when nobody responds and claims responsibility. Just my 2 cents (plus my thirst for drama)

#23     Jul 22, 2012
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

That was your first mistake. Obviously if someone is posting here, he has some kind of trading experience>>>more likely to use your strategy or know someone who might be able to.

Had you hired someone from your city, let's say a college student, beside dealing with him personally, chances are, he would be happy with the fee, and don't give a rat's ass about the strategy itself...

Also, first you could have given him a simpler (not even profitable) strategy just to see how he works and if he is honest when dealing with you.

Anyhow, I guess lesson learnt, and you will be more careful the next time...

#24     Jul 23, 2012