dUMYA On Da MooN

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kicking, Jan 14, 2004.

1. dumya wanna make his own Sci Fi movie, he wanna be an astronaut cos he's a big boy!

Good idea Georgie

let's put you on a rocket and send you in orbit for eternity

2. instead of increasing nasa's budget 5% a year..or whatever it is...it should be 500% (or more)...

3. Spending some money right down here on EARTH, on a novel concept, like CANCER RESEARCH.

:confused:

4. Looks like just the shot in the arm alot of Dow components needed . . .

5. I fear that's a bottomless pit.

6. I agree, not sure what Bush is smoking - no idea what value comes of going to the moon, other than chest thumping and photo opportunities and wasting more million$$$.

7. Looka pretty obvious to me:

We giving up on Earth. Get off before it gets worse.

8. what great mind would be against space exploration? :confused:

i'll tell you who...close-minded birdbrains.

9. I disagree. Like the Manhattan Project and the Apollo Program, if the government throws enough money into research, it seems to get results.

The sad truth of the matter is that disease and health care are too important to the economy. Cures cut off the flow of money.

As just one example....virtually every country on the planet's medical establishment acknowledges the benefits of vitamin E as a preventative element in the fight against heart disease. Also as an aftercare chemical of great value. When Eisenhower was president he was given megadoses of vitamin E. (by his Canadian heart surgeon). But heart disease is big business for the AMA. So vitamin E is not recognized here (USA) as being beneficial.

A cure for cancer isn't good business. At least not in the short sighted vision of the medical establishment.

Just my opinion. Anyone is free to argue. I said what I think, and will not debate this issue. It strikes too close to home.

Peace,
    RS

10. Unfortunately people are short shighted when it comes to investing in the future. Large scale programs like going to the moon will probably not pay huge dividends for our generation but should pay enourmous returns to future generations.

The biggest impact in the short term is to keep our top engineers and scientists employed so that they can be around to create new stuff and to attract new talent. If new programs are not started the top talent goes elsewhere.

Besides, for right now Bush only asked for 1 billion over what NASA is currently getting spread over 5-years. That's only 200 million a year.

If the everyday person knew what NASA does with so little money it would blow their mind. NASA is much more than just the Space Shuttle and Space Station.

#10     Jan 14, 2004