DumTom needs a Trading Strategy can you help.

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by dumtom, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkhoi

nkhoi

2. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

Aphie is the resident trading system maniac, you guys might have a lot in common, PM him.

His handle name is Aphexcoil

#12     Nov 20, 2002
  3. dumtom

dumtom

Thanks a million nkhoi. I said a prayer for you.

#13     Nov 20, 2002
  4. stocon

stocon

Check out Woodies' rooms on paltalk. They're free and plenty of help and posts.

#14     Nov 20, 2002
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

edit:stocon, look at his handle, the key word is 'simple'

#15     Nov 20, 2002
  6. dumtom

dumtom

So bobcathy1 give me some insight into your method. I am looking a some MA systems now and would like some input. Like for an intraday system what time period works best? What time period for a swing trade? How do you calculate your trailing stops? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

#16     Nov 21, 2002
  7. bvam1

bvam1

If you want to make money fast, you can try trading stock options. Either you'll make alot of money, or you'll lose all your money. :)
    Don't be greedy like me that's all. It's the only thing that kills me! And if you're going to trade, don't hold over night! And lock in your profit!

#17     Nov 21, 2002
  8. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

Here's a good strategy...

Don't trade...

#18     Nov 21, 2002
  9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

dumtom
    My suggestion is you use a 13 or 15 minute chart for learning to trade. It will be a lot less nervous.
    I use a 5 and 15 Simple Moving Average.
    You can use Keltner Channels or Bollinger Bands for the range of motion of the stock. Makes it easy to see.
    Whenever the MAs cross, get in.
    When it reaches a channel and then starts to move back in from it, that is when you get out.

Only trade when the MAs have a nice angle to them. If they look flat you will get stopped out most likely. Upward angle go long, downward angle go short.

Stops are a funny thing. I get out when the market hesitates, or moves in the wrong direction. Some people put a .20 cent stop. It is a matter of how much risk you want to take.

#19     Nov 21, 2002
  10. Brother DumTom,

Ask Brother Faster Pussy Cat or Sister Katrina... they are both excellent traders and they live near you... indeed, just flash a mirror in front of yourself and say hello to them from me.

Love,
    Candle

#20     Nov 21, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.