DumTom needs a Trading Strategy can you help.

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by dumtom, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumtom

dumtom

Ok...Heres the deal. I am stupid so I need a strategy that even a moron like me could use. Not asking anyone to send me their fancy smancy multi indicator trading strategy just show me something simple I can learn from and have a chance to make a few dollars with. I have read a lot of the post here and am now more corn fuzzed than ever. Any help is appreciated. you can post em here or email dem to me. Please help as my dog needs his heart worm meds soon.

2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

The absolute easiest is to take moving average crosses with tight trailing stops.
    Old fashioned and it works.

3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You could do a lot worse than Snosur4's strategy outlined on the Importance of Simplicity thread on this board. Couldn't be easier.

--Db

4. dumtom

dumtom

I am DumTom and proud of it. I need lots of hand holding and sppon feeding. Thanks again guys.

5. buy low sell high or sell high buy low.

6. Eldredge

Eldredge

I trade pairs, and I would recommend that. If you do a search here you should get enough information to get you started. Perhaps the biggest hurdle to trading pairs is that it is a little capital and commission intensive.

Whatever you do, I would strongly recommend getting with a low commission broker (I use IB), and trade VERY small until you are consistently profitable. If you do this for a while, I think you will find the style that fits you the best. Start small and remove the danger and pressure of possibly blowing your account. Good luck.

7. Tom, one thing I can tell you is that if you are looking for someone to spoon feed you or hold your hand-- you're out of luck; this gig is extremely unforgiving. Not only is it one of the most difficult things to master, it also requires an extremely positive psychic. From your statement above, you might want to work on your self-confidence. It's hard to be successful without it.

8. dumtom

dumtom

I am a very postive psycho. Thanks anyway.

9. opm8

opm8

Pride in your ignorance and unwillingness to put forth effort guarantees you're going to get fleeced in no time. Being dumb might have worked for you in high school but the financial markets will happily eat you alive. "Good luck."

--opm8

10. Forget about trading then.
    Wait for the next bull market and load up on SPY.

This is a phony thread anyway...so who cares.

peace

axeman

#10     Nov 20, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.