Dumping the Wall Street Journal

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Socrates, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Yip didn't renew WSJ this year....get more news online now. Sick of seeing ads for crap I could never ever afford.

#21     Jul 11, 2012
  2. FT is it. I've made serious money from following their advice (you have to take some time to read most of it to find the nuggets, and since most people don't have that kind of patience, it constitutes an edge all by itself) from time to time, and in between big payoffs, John Dizard can be downright hilarious.
    And the ads for European estates in the Saturday paper always make for entertaining reading. There was a French style estate in Switzerland for sale this past weekend, price available on application. Mere bag o' shells, I'm sure.

#22     Jul 11, 2012
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

After Rupert Murdoch took over WSJ quality of journalism dropped eg on the front page there had been many articles not related to business, markets or were even considered news thus I made the switch to FT ( financial times) a lot more bang for my buck...

#23     Jul 11, 2012
  4. no kidding, it use to be mandantory reading every morning, and it was very classy. Once Murdoch got his hands on it it went to shit, just like everything else he touches.

I was getting my car repaired and they had a copy. After about five minutes I said, "The hell with it, I'd rather read People Magazine."

#24     Jul 12, 2012
  5. hughb

hughb

On the day that GM reported the biggest loss in it's history, the front page above the fold story was about a roadside bomb in Iraq, (or maybe Afghanistan). It was right after Murdoch took over.

#25     Jul 12, 2012