Dumping IB and switching too...

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by michaelscott, Mar 20, 2007.

1. IB are fixing this problem as we speak. They expect to have it fixed next week. So by the time of the next Fed announcement, in 6 weeks, the problem should be long behind us, and IB quotes will be more reliable than ever. See http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1406505#post1406505

#21     Mar 21, 2007
  2. Hope so. Left too much money on the tables.

#22     Mar 21, 2007
  3. I agree with you Jim.
    Your replies are usually of the very polite variety (a rarity here on ET), so I can assure you I wasn't referring to anything you wrote.

#23     Mar 21, 2007
  4. IB is down right now where I am...:(

#24     Mar 21, 2007
  5. Working fine in asia. Are u sure its IB and not your ISP (tws is fussier about connection quality than a browser is).

#25     Mar 21, 2007
  6. rcj

rcj

Yep... its US server, Kiwi.

#26     Mar 21, 2007
  7. birdman

birdman

i've been trading 22
    years

there are no perfect brokers
    there will always be some mishaps that actually are the brokers fault and not just some cynical, gripy, chronic complainer in action

there are no one size fits all brokers

the best broker recommendation for you can only be determined if you reveal your average number of shares per order and your average hold times and your average number of round trips per time frame

and even then, supposed experts will disagree as to who's better and what the most important considerations are ... depending on what you are trading ... and if you only trade equities, it still depends on which ones before you can define what the most important considerations are

#27     Mar 21, 2007
  8. LOL! Wear your spot on cscott's ignore list like a badge of honor! There's a bunch of us on it. LOL.

OldTrader

#28     Mar 22, 2007