Dumbocrats embracing queer marriage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LEAPup, Jul 31, 2012.

1. wtf are you mumbling about?

#41     Jul 31, 2012
  2. jem

jem

I agree it probably is arbitrary, its just supported by history, tradition,and caring for children.

Note. I do not have a problem with civil unions.

Finally being how men are... does anyone really think a man is going to seriously (with sound mind) think they are going to spend their lives with another man.

Marriage is fairy tale for women and they rope hetero males in because they have special powers.

#42     Jul 31, 2012
  3. nasty, no doubt.. but they can't breed so who really gives a fuck :D

#43     Jul 31, 2012
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Like i said before, im in favour of civil unions as well, for everyone, I just think the law is the law, and the exact same set of laws should apply to everyone. Thats what i love about Scalia, he is one guy who solely looks for the law behind something, and doesnt care how unpopular it is on either side.

I think marraige is a religious term that should be severed from the government altogether, gays should be able to enter into the same civil union as straights for legal purposes, but they shouldnt be able to force the government to define that union as marriage. All it is is a contract.

And I agree, its all basically a crock of shit anyways, all it does is open you up to having someone else take half your assets.... im only a few good months of trading off of being a "millionaire"(in termsd of assets) i have zero intention of getting married in the hopes that maybe me and some other person will beat the odds, and live together forever......I would love to have a couple sons though, as i love children.....

#44     Jul 31, 2012
  5. Eight

Eight

is that why it gets voted down every time?

No serious Bible reader can support Democrats. The Bible is very clear about queers, it places people that even condone homo sex right up there with murderers and extortioners.

#45     Jul 31, 2012
  6. jem

jem

your last sentence is really the point of marriage for a male in my opinion.
    People change over long periods of time. If you got kids or you believe in God and the marriage you stick around.

without those reasons (or perhaps money) I would think 99 percent of marriages would end. Love is not enough and love changes.

and yes I do love raising kids. But, I think you have to old enough or mature enough, or satisfied you completed a reasonable amount of adventures before the sacrifices seem well worth it.

Speaking of that my 2 year old just walked in asking for mom and milk.

#46     Jul 31, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

IF you're trying to be entertaining...try harder.

#47     Jul 31, 2012
  8. Wallet

Wallet

California and every other state, the population overwhelmingly denounces same sex marriage.

#48     Jul 31, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

"When the Defense of Marriage Act was signed in 1996, only 25% of the American public supported same-sex marriage; support has increased gradually ever since. California's Proposition 8, passed 52%-48% by voters after a controversial campaign in 2008, has been declared unconstitutional by two federal courts but remains in litigation;[46] polling in 2012 shows 59% of California voters approve of same-sex marriage.[47]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_opinion_of_same-sex_marriage_in_the_United_States

Have a look at the polls.

#49     Jul 31, 2012
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

Absolutely! It's so sad to see the minority wackos out there force their sickness on the majority. Can you imagine what would have happened if a Democratic President said he embraced gay marriage in the 1950's?:eek:

#50     Jul 31, 2012