Dumbocrats embracing queer marriage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by LEAPup, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

A very modern, Canadian if you will, perspective. This is undoubtedly the basic way the majority have come to support it.

#11     Jul 31, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

I don't.

#12     Jul 31, 2012
  3. Max E.

Max E.

Gays should not be trying to force everyone else to use the term "marriage" for them, just as religious people should not be denying gays of their legal rights to form a civil union for legal purposes.

Both sides are beating their head against the wall trying to force people to accept them when it seems like a very easy solution in my mind......

#13     Jul 31, 2012
  4. Max E.

Max E.

If you support free markets, you should support civil unions, the same reason gays should be allowed to form unions for legal benefits, is the same reason that affirmative action is a crock of shit which should be banned..... all individuals should be equal under the eyes of the law, and the government should not be in the business of picking winners and losers....

You may be morally opposed to it, but the moral argument, is different from the legal one.

#14     Jul 31, 2012
  5. Excellent. The right thing to do, and for any compassionate understanding Christian to agree with.

#15     Jul 31, 2012
  6. jem

jem

I just read about the procedures... I doubt the President and the Dems in charge of the platform will have the guts to include it.

This is just a political fruit cake being passed around.

#16     Jul 31, 2012
  7. jem

jem

yeah sure... tell that to the black pastors and anyone else who reads the bible.

Its one thing to be for gay marriage, its gross to pervert the Christian message to support your cause.

#17     Jul 31, 2012
  8. Crispy

Crispy

Marriage and government in the same sentence is whats wrong here. Forget the debt crisis, wars, economy and 100 other topics that should be all time consuming. Lets worry about gays who want to be married instead...

Joke. Total joke of a country we have become.

#18     Jul 31, 2012
  9. Max E.

Max E.

+100, legalize civil unions and get it over with so that this stupid goddamn sideshow isnt the primary focus of so many voters, while Rome continues to burn......

#19     Jul 31, 2012
  10. I understand, you are not understanding. What a surprise.

#20     Jul 31, 2012