Dumbest remark for 2002

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bungrider, Dec 29, 2002.

1. This is my nomination:

"The people who got whacked the most in 2002 were the blind optimists who bet against a three-year losing streak on Wall Street."
    -Yahoo Finance

(If that's not the pot calling the kettle black...)

2. Quah

Quah

"That chart is an ATM machine!"

3. Dude, that one is clean.... Sh*t..... Ok, now that was the cleanup, let her just blow quicky... F*ck... Sh*t.... Ok, let me juice her and get some momo goin'.... Sh*t, they just whacked 10, double Sh*t, that thing's halted.... (keyboard flys across the room and letters scatter from the impact, monitor out the window...)

Luckilly I live on the first floor....

4. That Hillary Clinton is one of the most admired people in America.:D

5. . . . .For a WANTED poster, maybe.

Some dick on my local financial radio station earlier in the year was touting some seminar entitled "2 down years and up we go." Funny, he's been eerily silent of late :D

6. m22au

m22au

Some over-paid guy who works for a large investment bank here in Australia says the S&P will be over 1400 by the end of 2003.

The sad thing is, he was being serious.

7. TGregg

TGregg

The funny thing is that if the S&P does somehow make it, then he is hailed as a genius. If it does not, he says something like "well, I didn't events x, y and z", and he doesn't even lose his job. It's pretty much a win/don't lose situation for the over-paid guy.

8. axehawk

axehawk

"We'll take the wind."

-Marty Morningwheg

9. m22au

m22au

When it doesn't make his target, the prediction will be forgotten. It will only be remembered if pigs fly and it does make his target.

Same goes for the well-known market observer at an investment bank that rhymes with Oldman whacks.

10. and don't forget about one famous analyst who's name rhymes with "hosin' no-one" :D

#10     Dec 29, 2002