Dumber than toad soup...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Can we all recognize joe biden IS the real forrest gump.

#11     Nov 16, 2009
  2. I like Sarah. (Well as much as you can like someone who you've never met face-to-face & only know as a t.v. personality.) The idea of a nice looking gal from Alaska who hunts & fishes and can handle herself in the outdoors sounds great to me. - - - But what concerns me is that our national politics has seemed to degrade to a contest between personality cults. - - Thus we get a guy who never ran anything, was only a 'community organizer' and state legislator, and didn't even complete his first term as a senator - - now seated as prez. I saw him try to answer the most basic business questions during the campaign, and it was readily apparent that he didn't have a clue. He does have a terrific voice and can read a teleprompter - - - Similarly, here's this nice woman - who was the mayor of a very small town in Alaska (I've been there and like it alot). She didn't even complete her term as governor (again of Alaska which I love, but doesn't have a lot of people). I haven't heard her say anything of real substance - - -and she's possibly going to run for prez ? Where the hell do we get these people ? Is that all a 'Monday Night Football' and "American Idol" nation come up with ?

P.S. - - of course, the Oprah 'interview' was filled with the usual airhead type of material, - - only something fat housewives would watch during the day.

What the hell, guess you gotta go with the flow:

RON PAUL/PALIN in 2012 ! (Substance/knowledge/honesty - but not a lot of 'charisma' - - combined with curb appeal) - - after O. trashes the economy, this could be a very potent combo

#12     Nov 16, 2009
  3. It's related to the phenomenon: the older you get the harder it is to name your child.

If you wait until you are too old every conceivable name will be associated with an asshole you once knew.

A blank slate politician is less offensive, less opportunity to be seen as a dickhead until elected.
    (obama anyone)

#13     Nov 16, 2009
  4. Yeah, I've thought along those lines - - - but it would be nice to get people in there that have Some kind of real long term accomplishment. (Outside of politics, sounds even better to me). - -

END THE FED ! RON PAUL/PALIN in 2012 !

#14     Nov 16, 2009
  5. Mercor

Mercor

In many ways a modern President is just a symbol used to tie coalitions together.
    There exists a permanent government infrastructure that is very hard to change. This infrastructure coalition runs the ship and the power only shifts into the hands of who is closet to the president.
    This is why Palin would be an ok president. She is a good symbol and people know where she stands. Just like Reagan. Problem with Obama is that he does not know where he stands (Afghanistan)

Look at Obama, he hasn't done jack squat in the formation of the policy being debated in Congress. Obama is the tail of the dog.

#15     Nov 16, 2009