dumb mistakes

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qdz, Nov 27, 2002.

1. All I bring to the party is 30 years of stupid mistakes ...

#21     Nov 27, 2002
  2. Other than this one ...

#22     Nov 27, 2002
  3. But then again. putting out cigarettes in pop cans and then taking a drink; I have done more than once ...

#23     Nov 27, 2002
  4. Winston

Winston

metooxx
    Elite Member

11-27-02 10:07 PM

But then again. putting out cigarettes in pop cans and then taking a drink; I have done more than once ...

Try working in a nightclub, you grow accustomed to the taste.

#24     Nov 27, 2002
  5. Peri

Peri

Failure to use a trailing stop. Never used them, I was always at my desk. The Monday after Thanksgiving 98 I had to take someone to catch a ride. I underestimated how far out it was and missed the first 90 minutes of market. I was in MALL. I think it went up 2 pts then plummeted 20 by the time I got home. (remember those days?) My unrealized 38K profit melted down to $750.00. Would have been my first big hit.

#25     Nov 28, 2002
  6. qdz

qdz

Good good. Confess to the trading lord of each of us. And we will be spared. It's
    Thanksgiving.

:p

#26     Nov 28, 2002
  7. Ninja

Ninja

I was long a stock and had to leave my computer for a while so I wanted to enter a protective stop loss with sufficient distance to the current price, but by mistake selected LMT as the order type. That order was filled instantly by a happy guy on the other side...

:mad:

#27     Nov 28, 2002
  8. qdz2

qdz2

Let me add another one, having wrong impression on close time, usually due to stress or some other reasons. Think the market should close. But there is still another hour to go. Then cut loss or give up gains in vain. Miss the big move in the last hour.

:p

#28     Jan 23, 2003
  9. Me too. Chasing any market, at any time.

Still do it at times, and I've been trading a looong time.

Jay

#29     Jan 23, 2003
  10. cheeks

cheeks

Oh yeah, I'm real good at this one too.

#30     Jan 23, 2003