Dumb media journalist questions?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by trader888i, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Some questions are dumb or meant to cause anger and redicule, and can be called 'harassment' in press release or workplace. if the question is meant to harass or interorgate..cause terror.

I thought during press releases.

All questions that are to be asked need to be approved as the press release is public recorded?

You cannot ask in live television what is the size of bra that Pelosi wears right?

Are ask questions. 'Do you hate Trump" " have you smoke pot before" in press conference .what kind of question is that?

2. gaussian

gaussian

These are valid questions. They can ask anything they want. If someone wanted to ask Pelosi's bra size on live television they could, and it's up to the station to either cut the feed, change the question, or end the interview.

Harassing questions are not against the law either with respect to journalism. You could fall into libel and defamation (maybe) if you didn't word your question carefully but media companies have armies of lawyers for reason. You could repeatedly ask "do you hate XYZ" and never stop asking it until the interviewee leaves or cuts you off. It happens all the time in press conferences. In the workplace, harassing questions are not against the law but are usually misconduct according to an employee manual. I'm sure you could fall under some sort of anti-discrimination law if you really tried hard but just harassing someone with a question would likely get you reprimanded or fired, not cause you to come under any legal fire, unless of course again the question is worded in such a way that you'd be committing libel and/or defamation.

Please stop making off topic posts.

3. Sig

Sig

You can ask whatever you want, not for nothing they made the First Amendment first after all. Your employer is under no obligation to employ you if you are an asshole, or violate their employment policies. Despite the completely unsubstantiated and downright dangerous attacks on the concept of free press by the current President, all major news organizations have pretty stringent internal rules about what can be asked and how. So asking Pelosi's bra size would probably result in your termination from any reputable news organization and even some blatantly biased ones like Fox.

On the other hand, questions that are inconvenient for the person being asked, like "Why did you say "Grab 'em by the pussy" Mr. President" when he indisputably said exactly that are only "harassment" if you're unable to live with the fact that you support someone who would say something so abhorrent, for example. I certainly hope our free press continues to ask such questions and the snowflakes don't get to shut them down because they don't want to be reminded of the things their guys actually said or did.