dumb cell phone

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sle, Mar 14, 2017.

1. sle

sle

I decided to switch back to a dumb(ish) cell phone. Maybe someone can point me to one that fits my needs:
    (a) need to send texts
    (b) need to make voice calls
    (c) need to play music
    (d) need to read and respond email
    (e) has to have a long battery charge
    (f) has to be small

At the moment, I am leaning towards getting an older blackberry, though it's not consistent with (f). What are my other choices?

2. C and D will probably keep you from having too dumbed down of one. I was going to say flip phone, but that won't be much of an email experience.

3. xandman

xandman

All phones do that.

You can't go wrong with the flagship Samsung or any top seller. The one that caught on fire was an anomaly.

Unless you get advice from a cellphone power user, ie. 18-22 yrs old. There are many possible inconveniences that could happen. ie. low resident memory. poor response. daytime visual clarity...

I knew the iphone was done when all my young friends switched to Samsung.

4. sle

sle

Yeah, but I want a phone that ONLY does what I listed and nothing else :)

5. sle

sle

I considered a flip phone or an old small Nokia and decided that having access to email is too important. The additional benefit of a Nokia 8210 is that I can pass for a drug dealer as opposed to a hedge fund PM :)

FCXoptions likes this.
  6. xandman

xandman

Roger. Stick with the best sellers for the era. You may discover that some accessories are a necessity and new batteries are an annual thing. Best of luck.

7. PLUS they feature crime deterrent LOL

sle likes this.
  8. sle

sle

It's surprising that nobody makes something along these lines any more. I can't be the only guy with ADD out there.

9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Blackberry. They are also made to fit your hand.

10. dealmaker

dealmaker

#10     Mar 14, 2017