Dumb Canucks get 1 billion dollars in debt for the olympics.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Mav88

Mav88

It made many canadians happy to win those golds, so maybe the money was worth it?? Isn't that what life is about? During the hockey game I cheered for the USA now I'm glad Canada won since it meant more to them.

When the locales here propose spending money they don't have on sports facilities I get hacked off, so keep it in your backyard guys.

#61     Mar 3, 2010
  2. One of my best friends is a huge Canucks fan, so it goes without saying, that I LOVE to see them lose! :p

#62     Mar 3, 2010
  3. Afford them? With our ageing population, we NEED them for economic growth.

#63     Mar 3, 2010
  4. This is the problem. The necessary statistics to judge whether the olympics was profitable or not are too complex to track and too subjective. For example, we know the olympics brought a bunch of people to BC, increasing tourism dollars etc. But how much of that was directly/indirectly due to the olympics? Do you count the cost for buildings built for the olympics that will convert to alternative uses afterwards? If the converted buildings turn a profit in a year on its new use, does this count as "olympic revenue"?

It's a muddy grey area. On the other hand, nobody is forcing world governments to spend so much money on the games, but they do.

#64     Mar 3, 2010
  5. Hardly; buying a Ferrari for getting around town is the mark of a self-absorbed impractical dunce, not the mark of someone with common sense.

A Ferrari is basically an extremely priced, gas-guzzling, horribly expensive to repair/maintain plunge.

For example, they say there are two happy days in the life of a boat owner; the day they buy the boat and the day they sell it.

#65     Mar 3, 2010
  6. You can always live vicariously, doesn't A&E have Magnum P.I reruns?

#66     Mar 3, 2010
  7. buylo

buylo

Ha......totally agree. If I hear about the Haines bottom one more time, i'm gonna puke.

Wouldn't mind bangin' Trish Regan though.

#67     Mar 3, 2010
  8. Sour grapes.

#68     Mar 3, 2010