Dumb Canucks get 1 billion dollars in debt for the olympics.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Feb 25, 2010.

1. JRL

JRL

Interesting.

I follow the Vancouver Canucks intensely, but I kinda like it when they lose, because there's nothing funnier than listening to irate callers on the radio show.

#51     Mar 2, 2010
  2. Of course they were unworthy for Gold, they obviously couldn't earn it.

Just like how U.S and Germany weren't as worthy as Canada for Gold this Olympics. Obviously things have changed.

I don't see your point.

#52     Mar 2, 2010
  3. zdreg

zdreg

I think Norway won "most medals, PER CAPITA..." :D
    u are an i...

"The United States, a nation of 300 million, won nine gold medals this year in the Winter Olympics. Norway, a nation of 4.7 million, also won nine. This was no anomaly. Over the years, Norwegians have won more gold medals in Winter Games, and more Winter Olympics medals over all, than people from any other nation."

http://blogcritics.org/sports/article/better-feat-overall-medals-or-most/

again you are an i....

#53     Mar 2, 2010
  4. Mav88

Mav88

and China, a nation of a billion, won how many? who cares?

I'm having a hard time with this one. I'm supposed to feel good about total medal count, I'm supposed to be proud of the hockey teams efforts but two days after the end I don't give a crap anymore, life goes on.

Vancouver gave us some decent entertainment, I guess that's all that matters. If Norweigans are happier today then good for them.

#54     Mar 2, 2010
  5. jem

jem

As long as you can afford them, its fine by me. some of my great grandparents were immigrants to the states.

I just don' t like the way our politicians have been using immigration policy to benefit the politicians goals and not the peoples.

#55     Mar 2, 2010
  6. let's be solution minded...perhaps Canadian olympic gold medals can be sold on ebay for 1 billion dollars

#56     Mar 2, 2010
  7. deaddog

deaddog

It was a hell of a party!!!You had to be there for the experience:D.

Not that expensive for 17 days of everybody having a great time when you consider that the US spends over a billion a day just to pay interest on their national debt.

#57     Mar 2, 2010
  8. The point was your opinion stated as if it were somehow a fact: Breaking a record for Gold medals is much better than winning a bunch of bronze to boost total medal count.

#58     Mar 2, 2010
  9. I never said it was a fact.

But I do hope you would prefer one Ferrari F430 over ten Ford Focuses. Both about equal in price.

Quality over quantity sir. The preferences certainly exist between gold, silver and bronze.

#59     Mar 2, 2010
  10. Cutten said it right, I suspect-unless someone can point me to an olympics, any olympics, summer or winter that actually made money-for taxpayers, which is the rub really. Without rubbery accounting or wishful-never-followed-up projections of tourism dollars, they are, oddly enough, a massive scam.

#60     Mar 3, 2010