Dumb Canucks get 1 billion dollars in debt for the olympics.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Feb 25, 2010.

1. funny, when one leads in a certain category, one presents it that way.

USA leads in total medals.

I think Norway won "most medals, PER CAPITA..." :D

Does China lead in "factory athlete medals"? They sure do in the summer olympics. Grab some kids, strip them away from their parents for 12 years, choose a sport for them, all in the name of making the country look dominant...

#41     Mar 1, 2010
  2. Mav88

Mav88

It is important for pride, weird.

Medvedev is so mad he is wanting to fire the heads of Russia' s olympic committee.

#42     Mar 2, 2010

3. This country is full of immigrants. We welcome immigrants up here. I have no problem with more of them.

You have a fair and valid point here. Although to address the last part - the men's hockey tournament was some of the best hockey in the world I've ever seen.

#43     Mar 2, 2010
  4. This is what is happening in Canada right now. That game will be talked about for a long time in the North.

#44     Mar 2, 2010
  5. Mav88

Mav88

Kassz was part of team Canada I'm sure

[​IMG]

• 16.jpg
      File size:
      28.9 KB
      Views:
    #45     Mar 2, 2010
  6. My point was that the money spent towards the athletes was worth it. Breaking a record for Gold medals is much better than winning a bunch of bronze to boost total medal count.

The few dunces in this thread obviously didn't see that coming.

#46     Mar 2, 2010
  7. :D

#47     Mar 2, 2010
  8. Mav88

Mav88

Tribalism is strange.

I had nothing to do with any of the American medals yet somehow it is supposed to be a source of pride for me. I can't even name more than 3 or 4 winners yet since the total count was high then I am to feel good.

Around here it is all Ohio State Buckeyes, people's entire week can be 'ruined' if the buckeyes lose.

Canadians are all buzzed up over the hockey game and gold medals.

Why should anyone really give a shit other than for the entertainment value during the game? My quality of life didn't decrease even though we lost a hockey game.

#48     Mar 2, 2010
  9. It is strange when you think about it. I am a huge Toronto Maple Leafs fan (please, spare the comments, I've heard them all). I am upset when they lose, and happy when they win. Not sure why, but it is what it is.

#49     Mar 2, 2010
  10. Quote from stefan_777:

Breaking a record for Gold medals is much better than winning a bunch of bronze to boost total medal count.

I wasn't aware there was supply/demand issues in Olympic medals. :D The reality is, this all means absolutely nothing. Your statement is a viewpoint, not evidence or a fact. I am sure every Olympian who finished fourth or worse would think you were "Loony"

Was Canada unworthy in the two times they as a host nation won no gold medals? Or was it something that really meant nothing a few weeks after each of those Olympic events ended?

#50     Mar 2, 2010