Dukascopy

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Z-forex.com, Dec 18, 2006.

1. #41     Mar 7, 2011
  2. It's a terribly stupid contest for this reason:

Popularity - summary of three ratings. Maximum 100 points.

* Total attendance of personal blog by unique ip-addresses. 1 unique IP visit brings 1 point.
    * Number of comments in personal blog. Limitation: 1 comment per 1 forecast from unique ip-address is counted.
    * Forecasts evaluation by "I like" system.

Shouldn't a "trading contest" just measure trading, and not useless online social crap?

And you're cleverly trying to game it by linking to your Dukascopy blog..

#42     Mar 7, 2011
  3. I'll not hide the truth I reveal my blog link to attract some more visitors but at the same time I was interested in others opinions about the contest rules.

And this section of popularity is just useless for us, as traders, it brings more hadcake in order to promote yourself but from their point of view it means that we promote them and that way they ensure to have more clients in the future

#43     Mar 7, 2011
  4. I am new here and I am looking for broker and I just want to ask if dulascopy is a good broker. Thank you in advance.

#44     May 11, 2011
  5. Jessica, it depends on where you live. If you live in the U.S like I do, the U.S. govt now requires U.S citizens living in the U.S. to use only brokers based in the U.S. so that the 50:1 margin limit is enforced as mandated by newly created CFTC laws.

If you live outside the U.S, your pickings are larger.

If you live in the U.S. read the following:

Even though I trade FX futures for my clients thru a futures broker based in Chicago, I've had a spot forex acct with MB Trading for over 2 years, they are based in california, and are considered one of the best forex brokers here in the U.S, and they offer metatrader software with ECN/NO DEALING DESK execution. Highly recommended

Good luck

#45     May 11, 2011
  6. it would be a very good broker if they had more than Java API... so they are just good

#46     May 12, 2011
  7. Gcapman

Gcapman

US Citizens are now ONLY allowed by law to trade with US forex brokers? Is this true??? I still have my account with Dukascopy -- I'm confused??? Does that mean I have to close my Dukascopy account?

#47     May 23, 2011
  8. provance

provance

That's what Dukas is sending to the US customers:

"As you may know, the regulatory environment of Forex trading has recently been subject to important changes in the United States. Dukascopy Bank SA will adapt itself to this new regulatory environment effective July 16, 2011.
    "Eligible contract participants" as defined in the relevant US regulation (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/7/...1---a000-.html) will remain our clients and continue to trade with us on the Swiss Forex Marketplace. If you are an eligible contract participant, please inform us.
    Clients who are not eligible contract participants are welcome to continue trading on Dukascopy Bank SA's trading system through one of our US partners. Our US partners will provide our trading technology and data feed to US clients."

#48     Jun 24, 2011
  9. provance

provance

I would like to clarify something regarding US accounts. According to the 'eligible contract counterparty' definition, "only individuals who has total assets in an amount in excess of—(I) $10,000,000 or
    (II) $5,000,000 and who enters into the agreement, contract, or transaction in order to manage the risk associated with an asset owned or liability incurred, or reasonably likely to be owned or incurred, by the individual" - will be allowed to have an account with them? Is that right?

#49     Jun 24, 2011
  10. fishing

fishing

anyone trading live with Hotspot institutional account? do you get 0.1 for eud.usd spread?

also i can't find any information about the required min of 100k balance on their website...

thanks

#50     Jun 25, 2011