Dukascopy, anyone trade with them?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by PlusMinus, Nov 21, 2009.

1. No.

#11     Feb 14, 2011
  2. Thanks,

When i considered jforex, i have found it doesnot have many time frames under 1 minute. My ATS would be better to work on less than 10 second time frame. Also, i have heard that jforex has disconnection issues. Plz, correct me if what i have mentioned isnot right.

Regarding the API, i am not a programmer and i am not sure what is needed exactly to go for this direction. My ATS is not depending primarily on charts. I could utilize the tick data and generate signals from it using some formulas. and Having some data analysis without any charting requirements.

Is there any chance for using a third party software? I know Multicharts has a connection but only for FIX that require at least 100k deposit. which is kind of restriction for me now.

Also, Ninja trader has a DNT bridge that is working fine with NT7. However, i heard some issues regarding the connectivity and execution accuracy. I know they are still developing it but i am talking for now.

Any ideas/resources or information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

McGene

#12     Feb 14, 2011
  3. I think if you wanted to run a strategy using for example JForex you would want to lease a virtual private server, unless you have commercial standard IT infrastructure available.

Running on a broadband DSL connection, you may get intermittent outages yes. However, you could also write your own start-up code removing the need for the JForex platform, that way you can handle the breaks as you require.

I'm comfortable using Java but do prefer C++, Java seems to work sufficiently with the Dukas offering though.

To be honest, it's a fairly lite api compared to some others out there, so quite easy to get to grips with, plus a decent forum crowd.

Straightforward (relatively) to get the whole thing running in Eclipse; I'd suggest downloading it and having a look. Even if you don't use it in the end, it's a good intro to automating strategies.

#13     Feb 14, 2011